Arc LS-P (black) or SureFire L1?

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm gonna buy something today if it doesn't kill me first... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Anyone have first-hand experience with the two of these?

If so, what do you prefer, and why?

TIA

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
well, first of all, the arc lsp doesn't come in black, it is "natural" ha3.

if you want small, bright, and white, then your best choice is the arc.
if you want larger, dual mode, and not as pretty (beam color may not be as white, body color may not match as well) then you may want the l1.

personally, i would get the arc. when you get the lsp, you are can be sure you are getting the best ls flashlight on the market, with the l1, it is still a good light, but more of a crapshoot as to beam color and body matching.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
L1 for me.

To get a good LS, you must get a "Premium", and it still has a feel of a light made in garage.

p.s. I am not mad, this icon is just way too cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
FC.,

There are things a BIG corporation (Surefire) can do, and what a small startup company (Arc Flashlight) can do. Don't forget that Surefire started as a small startup and grew into what it is today.

I happen to like the Arc LS. I don't have even one Surefire.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
L1 for me.

To get a good LS, you must get a "Premium", and it still has a feel of a light made in garage.

p.s. I am not mad, this icon is just way too cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm never one to critize one's opinion, but I do have to dissagree with your assessment of the LSH-P. Prior to the LSH-P product, I would totally agree with you, however the LSH-P is simply a work of art. The build quality, craftsmanship and performance is top-notch. I can say this, based on my experience with (3) different LSH-P units.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have anything aginst ArcLS - I had LSH-P for about three weeks, got rid of it... It is one hell of a bright light. Probably the brightest for it's size. But I like L1 better. It's just me, you may like LS.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

We all like lights here, and regardless, we all think that Maglites suck. That's all that matters. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is L1 vs LSH-P

fcb52f97.jpg

fcb52f10.jpg

L1 on the bottom:
fcb52e96.jpg

L1 and E1
fcb52ded.jpg

fcb52dcf.jpg

Alan Hsu

Enlightened
Just started to EDC SF L1 instead of ARC LSH-P today. I would say L1 is the perfect urban flashlight as its 2-stage brightness setting complements existing urban lighting perfectly. The ARC boasts longer throw almost on par with the SF E1e though I don't think there's much use for extended throw in the urban environment I live and work in. However, the ARC is much easier to live with in my left front pocket since it's much smaller, even with the TSP123 pack.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
which reminds me...you never said what bulb you were using /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gifStill in R&D stage - no time to refine it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

it is overdriven
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

DrAg0n

Banned
What on earth is an L1???

i cant seem to find any specs on it?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

the only thing i can make out of this thread is that it is led?? or is it??

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a digitally regulated Luxeon LED with a 2-stage switch.
Push lightly for low light -- push harder for full brightness.
It runs on one 123 lithium.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
I'm never one to critize one's opinion, but I do have to dissagree with your assessment of the LSH-P. Prior to the LSH-P product, I would totally agree with you, however the LSH-P is simply a work of art. The build quality, craftsmanship and performance is top-notch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nascar,
Besides the LED itself what other noticeable differences are there between the "P" and the standard?

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
If you're asking for me to compare the LSH-P to the non-Premium LSH, I can't, since I don't have a non-Premium LSH. I can say the LSH-P compared to the LS1, LS2, etc is like night and day as it relates to beam quality, quality of the hard-anodizing and overall build quality.

DrAg0n

Banned
If there is an L1, is there an L2???

how about that A2?....are they all in production yet?...i cant find them on sale anywhere, even on the surefire official site??

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
L2 got 86'D.For the A2 go to surefire's site and hit the drop down menu and you will find a PDF of the 2003 catalog, there you will find the A2. 50 lumens for 60(?)min for the incandesant and 1200 min for the LEDs.

DrAg0n

Banned
Thanks Josh, got it....my saliva's dripping from looking at all the pics there...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

btw, i noticed that all the Defender series D2, D3 are missing from the site and the catalog as well....where they go?...have they been discontinued??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i believe the d's have been discontinued

so have the regular e-series (e1, e2)