I just found $150 dollars!!!!

zk188

Newly Enlightened
Found the cash in the olive garden parking lot but get this it canadian money how am i gunna buy a Charge TTi with this:mecry:

zk188

Newly Enlightened
It is not suprising I live very close to canada Eh sorry i just couldnt resist

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
There should be some banks around that will exchange currency, though you will lose a few percent in the process (over the official exchange rates). Phone a few to check.

You might want to wait a week and check back at the restaraunt to see if anyone reported losing money. Then you can spend it with a clear concience (if no one has).

Greg

DM51

Flashaholic
Maybe before you spend it you should try to find out if the loss has been reported. It could be someone who now has very serious problems as a result of the loss. Maybe it's a family on holiday, and the holiday is now ruined because they lost the cash. They may even be stranded without it.

Losses like this happen most frequently when people are away from home, and they will probably have reported it. Just imagine how grateful they will be, and how their faith in human nature will be restored, if they get the money back.

If despite enquiring it proves impossible to trace the owner, then you could keep the money with a clear conscience. But if you don't make that attempt, you will always have a nagging doubt about it, won't you?

zk188

Newly Enlightened
I just called the resturant they said nobody reported any lost money i will call again tomorrow.

turkdc

Newly Enlightened
Way to go calling and trying to find the rightful owner. It sucks to lose your wallet/cash so I always try to find the owner of any significant amount of money I find.

Yeah!

zk188

Newly Enlightened
Called them again no luck yet but i will wait for 2 weeks before spending i told them to call me if sombody reports missing money.

not2bright

Enlightened
Hopefully you haven't told the Olive Garden staff how much you found.

That way if they call to collect you can ask them to verify how much they lost. :naughty:

Otherwise you might have someone connected with an Olive Garden employee calling to collect some easy money. :rolleyes:

I like the "identify by serial number" idea! :crackup:

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Make sure it is not Canadian Tire money :laughing: (retail store that gives back a % of Canadian tire "money" when you pay cash) Just kidding...although if it were Canadian Tire money it is like cash in the store (of course you would have to pay us a visit up here). I've seen people save up their Canadian Tire Money and buy stuff like lawnmowers. Good job waiting to keep it.

zk188

Newly Enlightened
Re: I just found $150 dollars!!!! returned to owner.

Well the resturant just called and connect me with the owners of the cash i will be mailing it to them on saturday they identified the amount and it is rightifully theres Looks like that TTi will have to wait a very long time.It relly hard for an 15 year old to let this kind of money go but o well.

Last edited: