The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
This time, it's...
tilonus.gif

96 hour psychiatric observation - she's had suicidal thoughts. :shakehead

RCatR

Enlightened
I've had friends with similar hospitalizations;

Just stay supportive & let her know what you care about her. If she doesn't want to talk about it, don't prod too much

Hope everything turns out well

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being supportive of family members who are suffering from mental health disorders can be very stressful, however if you do feel stressed from it, be reassured that it as indicative of your caring and love for your sister. Hang in their Craig!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just now heard that she might be there for as long as two weeks - I was told that something happened about one week ago that triggered a terrible memory in her from her stint in the armed services (the Navy I think)...it had something to do with rohypnol. But better she gets the help she needs now than not.

My mom just came by and stuffed a suitcase with some of her clothes, tolietries, magazines, books, etc. that she wants.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I'm sorry to hear this, Craig. I had to look up rohypnol and after reading the description of it's "common" use, I can see why this was a very stressful event for her.
:candle:

There are some good techniques available for dealing with those kinds of memories. I hope she'll be able to receive the help she needs to help her close the door on that traumatic event for good.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish nothing but the best for you and your sister.

Take Care,

Dudemar

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
craig i saw this thread a few days ago. and i consider ya a freind i realy had no idea what to say. still aint sure what to say but ya are both in my thoughts and prayers and tell her . that nothing is pemernet and things change and god wants us all here. or her higher power

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Thank you all for your well wishes!!!
No really, I mean that with utmost sincerity!!! :twothumbs

I heard last night that she might be in the hospital (the one she's in now) for one to four more weeks, and that there's a high degree of probability of her spending up to 90 more days in an inpatient facility designed specifically for the treatment of PTST (post-traumatic stress disorder) for veterans (for military service-related trauma) when she is released from the hospital she's at now.

This information is not directly from the horse's mouth, as it were, but is from a trusted individual.

Short Circuit

Newly Enlightened
I really feel for both you and your sister. I have a brother who had a mental breakdown and spent about 2 months in the mental ward of the hospital.

Our prayers go out to both of you.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I get by just fine; I lived alone up in Seattle from 1989 through late-2004.
After being evicted for missing a meeting, I moved in with a friend, stayed with him for ~19 months, then moved here after he passed on.

My Rascal's busted; but I got a new Celebrity X3 in early-June of last year; I get to pretty much everywhere I need to go (the drug store, the grocery store, the bank, the park, the Radio Shack, etc.) by driving myself to those places in it.

And yes, I can prepare food for myself, medicate myself, clean myself, do my own wash, feed the kitty cats, clean out their litterbox, etc. so I can indeed manage by myself.

tygger

Enlightened
You're quite the veteran when it comes to handling life's difficulties Craig. If there were merit badges handed out for resiliency I've no doubt you'd have a chest full. I truly wish you and your sister the best.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just got off the telephone with my mother, and she told me that my sister will be home tomorrow (07-30-07)!!! :thumbsup:

She's still planning on going to that inpatient PTSD facility, but that is now not scheduled to occur until sometime in September of this year (2007).

Status
Not open for further replies.