Handsfree holster

dreamfly

Newly Enlightened
I searched in vain for a hands free holster for my UltraFire C3. The closest I came across was this

http://www.niteize.com/productdetail.php?category_id=28&product_id=147

But it only has limited number of positions. Is this need really that uncommon? I thought this was the most practical and cool looking way of using today's tiny flashlights, especially for fishing in the rocks at night.

Yes headlamps will do (and I have quite a few) but there are no CREE ones that I can afford yet. Besides they will be too bright in the head anyway.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nite-Ize's Mini Lite-Lok has 16 detents, instead of 8. If you want me to Seoul an Argo HP or 712L for you, PM me.

dreamfly

Newly Enlightened
>> If you don't use your hand, what part of your anatomy works the light???

It would have been ideal to have my mind rotate the flashlight in my belt. But that I would have to wait for another few decades. In the meantime, my hands have to do the angle adjustment once in a while and get back to the main purpose which is operating my fish rod. You see, I need to adjust the angle of the lights depending on the angle of the jetty rock on which I stand.

But even for a night walk, wouldn't it cool to have the flashlight in your belt pointing forward at an angle so you can move your hands naturally instead of holding and freezing your hands? Now for those people, including me who always think one flashlight isn't enough, having two, one on each on side of the waist pointing forward at different angles would make walking or in my case, rock hopping much safer.

dreamfly

Newly Enlightened
Nite-Ize's Mini Lite-Lok has 16 detents, instead of 8. If you want me to Seoul an Argo HP or 712L for you, PM me.

Are you sure it has 16 detents? When I wrote them asking for 16 or more positions (on the holster), they only recommended the Flashlite Friends.

bspofford

Enlightened
>> If you don't use your hand, what part of your anatomy works the light???

It would have been ideal to have my mind rotate the flashlight in my belt. But that I would have to wait for another few decades. In the meantime, my hands have to do the angle adjustment once in a while and get back to the main purpose which is operating my fish rod. You see, I need to adjust the angle of the lights depending on the angle of the jetty rock on which I stand.

But even for a night walk, wouldn't it cool to have the flashlight in your belt pointing forward at an angle so you can move your hands naturally instead of holding and freezing your hands? Now for those people, including me who always think one flashlight isn't enough, having two, one on each on side of the waist pointing forward at different angles would make walking or in my case, rock hopping much safer.

Maybe we should try to get a patent the combination of a clap on-clap off LED flashlight with a handsfree holster!

bspofford

Enlightened
One more thought . . . Put the C3 in a regular holster and buy a $15 Rayovac headlamp with infinite handsfree positioning. The only problem is that if you are fishing at night, the fabric band on the light around your head might start smelling a bit.

dreamfly

Newly Enlightened
My current setup is

1. Black Diamond Spot 1W headlamp. Don't want a 3W...too heavy and too bright as it is very close to the eyes...too heavy leads tighter headband leads to lesser blood circulation leads to headache…not much sweat as it's usually not too hot at night. Will soon replace with the EOS for it's waterproof feature.

2. One 3W cheapo waterproof headlamp with a SSC P4 upgrade and attached to the buckle position of my belt.

3. One Ultrafire C3 attached to a modified bike mount which is attached to my left side of the waist. The bike mount has over 20 locking positions

What I want is to just mount a C3 on each side of my waist. Now upon more careful study of the mini lite-lok that TigerhawkT3 mentioned, I will definitely order 2 and try them out. Of course having a holster is much more preferable as I also want to protect the lights from scratches and most importantly, from accidental unlocking and losing the lights during the excitement of fighting the fish.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
But even for a night walk, wouldn't it cool to have the flashlight in your belt pointing forward at an angle so you can move your hands naturally instead of holding and freezing your hands? Now for those people, including me who always think one flashlight isn't enough, having two, one on each on side of the waist pointing forward at different angles would make walking or in my case, rock [/COLOR]hopping much safer.

Hey, I couldn't agree more. I'd love to try walking at night "handsfree", being able to swing my arms in the wind. Any solutions other than the niteize?