Mods for a 6C Mag?

MedusaOblongata

Newly Enlightened
I've just ordered a 6C Mag and I'd prefer an LED to the stock lamp. What options are there that don't cost a fortune and don't require me to build a circuit board? I'd like at least 3.5 hours runtime with alkalines or lithium primary cells (no rechargeable).

Whatever is available I'm sure someone here knows.

TIA

MedusaOblongata

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first link you posted is regulated so it must be using a buck converter to lower the voltage to where it won't blow the LED. The second one must not be and thus the 3 dummy cells. I would feel a bit like a dummy carrying around such a big like without getting the full capacity. The prices have come down on a lot of things and the newer product (P4)might just be priced better for that reason.

MedusaOblongata

Newly Enlightened
Long John that looks very interesting, but I'm not exactly sure what it is or how I would use it. If it's not a drop in, does that mean I'd have to connect it to the flashlight myself somehow? From those pictures I don't even see an LED on it, would I have to get one separately and attach it? It might be beyond my flashlight modding skill level, or I might just not understand what it is.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited: