USPS 0 : Brazil 1/2

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made an order from ******** and they sent it out on the 28 June via USPS Priority Mail. It hasn't arrived, we were near filing an insurance claim. I check the Australian Post website daily for updates, I finally found my package! YaY. :sweat:Although USPS Priority Mail does not have tracking details but Australia Post tracks records every insured package that enters Australia.

Summary Report
Item Number: CVxxxxxxxxxUS
Origin: BRAZIL
Destination: AUSTRALIA
Event: Your item was processed for despatch from BRAZIL - SAO PAULO at oo:eek:o on 17 Jul 2007.

I have totally no idea what my lights are doing in Brazil. They probably decided to go on detour for wild a holiday. Visiting the beautiful people and country. This is the first time I have problem with USPS, it has been reliable to be for the pass 8 years. I hope that the lights will return once they are done with their trip.

I will update you guys once I received my package. Anxious about the contents going on holiday.

thanks for reading have a nice day,
Vince.

Last edited:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: USPS 0 : Brazil 1

My parents just came back from Rio. I'll ask them if they saw it. :D

Australia is closer to Brazil than to the U.S., so maybe it made sense to do a stopover there. :shrug:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

My parents just came back from Rio. I'll ask them if they saw it. :D

Australia is closer to Brazil than to the U.S., so maybe it made sense to do a stopover there. :shrug:

how did you reach that conclusion? I'm looking at a world map and the distances look about the same. Brazil is on the east side of South of America.:confused:

mchlwise

Enlightened

I'll bet your package will have a nice tan. :rolleyes:

Hopefully it wasn't flashing anyone for beads. :green:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast

how did you reach that conclusion? I'm looking at a world map and the distances look about the same. Brazil is on the east side of South of America.:confused:
The U.S. is in the northern hemisphere, and both Australia and Brazil are in the southern hemisphere. I didn't spend that much time thinking about it.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Even across the south pole it's still about the same distance. (Very rough measurement using handspans.)

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast

If there's no good business reason, I suppose it really did just stop off for a relaxing vacation. Tell us when it gets to you.

P.S.: We'll want to see your light's vacation pics. :popcorn:
P.P.S: Seriously. :poke:
P.P.P.S: Not really. :nana:

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast

All right, since it's more than two weeks from the day(17 July 2007) my USPS parcel was dispatched from Brazil, I've decided to probe for it's location. I got on the phone with another friendly lady at Australia Post. Whoaaa not good, to my dismay, my Priority Mail parcel is on a boat. :( They dispatched my parcel via Seamail! :(

35 days since USPS Priority Mail left USA.
16 days since USPS Priority Mail left Brazil.

Okay so I'll wait for the boat to arrive. So there will be no more updates to this post till 18 September 2007 or so. That's extra 2 months wait for seamail. :party::mad::mecry::mecry::mecry::banghead::rant::hairpull: For this, I am deducting 1/2 score from Brazil...:mad:

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic

... there will be no more updates to this post till 18 September 2007 or so. That's extra 2 months wait for seamail.
LOL, you are making the very rash assumption that the ship is sailing direct to Australia. How do you know it isn't calling in at (for example) Djibouti, Ethiopia, and numerous other dodgy ports, en route? LOL, your package could end up being offloaded almost anywhere!

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Could end up in Bangkok too, may as well see the world. Ask it when it arrives and let us know.

Valolammas

Enlightened

If there's no good business reason, I suppose it really did just stop off for a relaxing vacation.

Back when I was in the army, we had a saying that logistics can explain things that defy ordinary logic, so who knows...

My order from Lighthound spent a week in Turkey and according to the tracking seemed to be stuck there, until it suddenly appeared on my doorstep (which is not in Turkey). Best of luck with yours!

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woooottt!!! My package has arrived!!! This is totally out of no where. :party::party::party: My Surefire babies are here :kiss: after 39 days in transit :ohgeez:. There aren't any sign of Brazil, as I can't find stamps of Brazil post. And it didn't go to Seamail. :thinking: So the post office website has been misinformed?

Complaining on the Internet works!!! for missing packages :D

Anyways, the parcel is totally damaged/crushed :mad:, but I accepted it because Surefire are tough right? Yes they are they come out just fine :thumbsup:. I put my trust back in to USPS International Priority Mail. So far, 8 years back, no missing package, just 1 late package that's all :kiss:. I am so impressed, I am so impressed that the fact that they showed up. Thanks for reading.

Last edited: