g2-- wow! all owners respond!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi,

I have found that the "feel" of Nitrolon is very good as well. I'm impressed as it does have a strudy and solid feel to them. They currently reside in glove boxes of my vehicles with Nite Ize C-Clamps holding them so they don't roll around. I also have a spares carrier in there as well mounted down with Velcro. Works very well.

I cannot wait until the G2Z to be released because it is rumored to have the Pyrex lens and LOTC. I will upgrade my G2s if that is true to use with the HOLA. I've melted Lexan with HOLA too many times so use LOLAs with my Lexan SFs.

BTW, make sure you lock your glove box if you decide to put one in there or you will be changing the batteries often......from friends that play with them
smile.gif
smile.gif

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
What does the G2 weight compared to the E2 and E2e, does anyone know? Thanks! There are times when absolutely minimal weight is more important to me than smallest size, so if the G2 or G2Z is lighter than the E2, I'd be inclined to pick one up.

Joe

Amplite

Newly Enlightened
I've been using the G2 for EDC for over a year and as much as my flashaholic feelings make me want to buy an E2, I've been completely happy with the G2. The recent post from rmw about the bulb being damaged after a 3 foot drop while off is the first bad thing i've heard about it. I was wondering if the E2 has any shock mounting built in? I think you have to get an M2 for shock protection as far as I know!

Amplite
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The G-2 is 1 ounce lighter that the E2 according to the SureFire website.

G2 3 ounces
E2 4 ounces

Hope that this helps,

Mike

Size15's

Flashaholic
I have four G2's.

One Black, One Olive Drab (with an OD Lanyard!), and two Yellow.

I have lanyards on all my G2s (looking for Yellow Paracord BTW)

Like others, I also can't wait for the G2Z to be released, and G2's be be available with a LOTC & Pyrex Lens (I really hope this is going to happen).

Al
grin.gif

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a quote from brightnorm that is within the page I referred you to. I asked the same question because I was confused between user reports of the weight and Surefires web page.

Originally posted by brightnorm here
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
The G2 w. batt weighs 4oz
The E2 w batt weighs 3oz
My scale is accurate to within .1oz
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

D

**DONOTDELETE**

In the new SF catalog it lists:

G2 : 4.1 oz
E2e: 4.0 oz
E1e: 2.2 oz
6P: 5.0 oz
M2: 5.25 oz

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
On duty, I'm currently trying out a G2R; it's a G2 with the adaptor attached to accept a B65 NiCad stick. I also replaced the standard head with a shock isolation aluminum head. So far it's working good, and it's lightweight, which always helps.

--dan

Size15's

Flashaholic
Talking about Nitrolon-Aluminium Hybrids - I am very impressed with the beam of the 8NX+TurboHead. The KT5 looks cool - very compact, the T5 performs very well too.

Al

dougmccoy

Enlightened
I've got two G2's one in yellow and one in black and I honestly think it is one fantastic flashlight.
Both models have been abused because of the work I do (paramedic) and both have stood up extremely well to knocks scrapes and numerous drops. Both work exactly as they did as when they were new and the Nitrolon seems to withstand such harsh tratment better IMHO than HA finished Aluminnum.

In my opinion when SF release the G2z they will be the best lights available for personal carry on the market!

Doug
smile.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Yates:
The G-2 is 1 ounce lighter that the E2 according to the SureFire website.

G2 3 ounces
E2 4 ounces

Hope that this helps,

Mike
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just reweighed my G2 and E2 on a Pelouse digital postal scale accurate to .1oz

G2 4oz

E2 3oz

Brightnorm

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I have had my G2 for about 8 months now and I am very happy with it. I have the rechargealbe conversion kit for it and I keep it in my service truck at all times. It has been exposed to many impacts, drops, and corrosive chemicals, and it has performed flawlessly.

Eric

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brightnorm:
I just reweighed my G2 and E2 on a Pelouse digital postal scale accurate to .1oz

G2 4oz

E2 3oz

Brightnorm
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Strange that Surefire has those measurements exactly backwards, no?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *something ridiculous ?:
From an accurate scale, E2 full loaded is 3.03oz.

lightlover
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it digital or weight-driven? I'd like to own such an accurate scale. Can you tell me the brand, or the URL? If it's small and not too expensive I might buy it, assuming it's available in the US.

BN

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Talmadge:
Strange that Surefire has those measurements exactly backwards, no?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe a case of "lysdexia".. er.. I mean dyslexia

BN

bucken

Enlightened
G2's really rock!!! But my switch is so sensitive that it will turn on with only the very least bit of pressure. I tried stretching the spring, but that didn't work. Can I just add some kind of conductive metal spacer between the spring and the battery (washer, maybe)?

The SF G2 gets my vote for the most light from the smallest size award (especially with the P61 bulb).