Fenix from local retailer?

FiAsco

Newly Enlightened
Are Fenix flashlights available from "normal" brick & mortar type stores? I'm looking for a Fenix L2D CE or possibly P3D CE. I'm in Chicago right now. Thanks for your help.

stl_lurker

Newly Enlightened
I will ask the same question, but I'm in the St. Louis area. If there aren't any b&m retailers, any owners want to meet and show off their light?

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
the only ones I know of are in Canada
THE GENERAL STORE (they are a gift shop chain)
i) Hillcrest Mall (Yonge & 16th Avenue - Richmond Hill, ON)
ii) Eastgate Square (Centennial Pkwy N & Queenston Rd - Stoney Creek, ON)
iii) Woodbine Centre (Rexdale Blvd & Highway 27 - Etobicoke, ON)
iv) Northgate Shopping Centre (Memorial Dr E & 36 St SE - Calgary, AB)

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast

None in YVR?

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I could find a local retailer as I find the Fenix line to be difficult to evaluate from just reading the descriptions and specs. I don't really like the styling of any of their products, so I'd like to see them in person and handle them to get a better perspective on which one might work for me as an everyday carry or whatever. I'd also like to see what the initial turn on "turbo flash" is like, what the multi-mode entails from an all thumbs point of view, and how much of a problem the PWM flicker is on the L0D. I'd also like to evaluate the smooth vs textured reflectors on beam quality.
In the absence of any real feedback, I'm leaning towards something cheap and simple like the P1 CE, or a Lumapower LM303 (Brand X).

Last edited:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
I live in the other side of the country. Don't know what is available over at Vancouver.
None in YVR?

Check to see if any of the online dealers are near you. Some of the smaller less busy dealers may be willing to meet at a coffee shop or park. Some of the bigger ones may let you visit their 'warehouse'.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found a San Francisco local retailer off the Surefire website. They also carry Fenix, NovaTac, Jetbeam, Inova, Glotoob, Arc, Photon, and some others.

They are a comercial website with a storefront here in San Francisco.

http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme gear/flashlights.htm

Went down to check them out. They have a display case with many flashlights that you can demo. They had a Fenix P2D, but that was all in the Fenix line right now as they are waiting for restock. Probably will be Rebel LED stuff, I'd imagine. The P2D is all you need though to check out the Fenix interface, see the strobe speed, get a feel for the brightness and beam quality, and see the famous P2D turn on flash. It's pretty conspicuous ;)

They had a nice selection of Surefire flashlights including the new G2 LED model. I also checked out the new E1L outdoorsman. Of course, the hot ticket was a couple of NovaTacs. They didn't have the programmable model in stock though. Nice store, friendly people. Lots of outdoor gear (check out the website for categories), and especially a lot of nice knives. There's some parking available around the corner across the street from a big personal storage building. Pretty remarkable for SF. It's down south of the Baseball park. 22nd & 3rd. Address and maps here:
http://www.tadgear.com/store.htm

Last edited:

weathermaker

Newly Enlightened

What are the prices like at The General Store? Are they comparable to Fenix-Store.com?

mchlwise

Enlightened
4Sevens of Fenix-Store.com was at the Outdoor Retailers' Expo in Salt Lake City last week.

Hopefully some brick-and-mortar retailers saw his stuff and decided to carry it. It would be nice to be able to go into a local sporting goods store and pick up a new Fenix.

:whistle:

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
TAD Gear has a storefront in San Francisco that has Fenixes and get this...JetBeams! Not sure if they're fully in stock, though.

I'll be checking other online shops to see if they have walk-in places...

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
TAD Gear has a storefront in San Francisco that has Fenixes and get this...JetBeams!/QUOTE]

That store is like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory for EDC-heads. The people there are very friendly as well, and gladly show off any item they have in stock.