Status
Not open for further replies.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
fc97da1e.jpg

fc97d9da.jpg

fc97da62.jpg

Peter, what do you think?
I love the 2AA pack SO much that i wish that it was easier to carry for EDC. The 123 battery pack is nice but i prefer a light the size of the E2 for many reasons. Ultimately the Arc LS 2AA offers the best grip for me.

Right now, i'm using a Mag AA clip on the 2AA barrel, it does okay but it isn't great...not like Surefire's clips. A Bezel (or near Bezel) located clip would be best because it "rides" better in the pocket. Having the Bezel down puts much of the bulk of the flashlight where i don't want it...right into my thigh.

Anyway, i've tried securing the Surefire E2 clip on the bezel of the ARC LS but haven't succeeded. The best way to secure it would be to either screw it, weld it, or using friction like the Mag 2AA clip, but on the bezel. A removeable clip would be best because a clip wouldn't work with the other battery packs. Also, this would work best with the TSP 2AA pack because there would involve less screwing (sounds bad doesn't it?) But this would work with the standard just as well because, after all, it is hard anodized, there are worse things that could scratch its surface.

So...what do you think? Maybe someone could fabricate a clip similar to the one in the picture to hold on to the bezel of the Arc LS.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
in addition, i wouldn' mind seeing a bezel down clip for the 123 pack /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i really like that ledagent...is it sturdy?

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rothrandir,

Thanks, but the clip is just "resting" on top of the Arc LS. It's not secured at all. I personally thing it would need to be a little longer, maybe an an inch or so, to be sturdy.

I wouldn't dare drill into the bezel of the Arc LS. The walls of the bezel are thin, and a screw probably would just mess of the threads, and/or break under extreme pressure.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
..... i wouldn' mind seeing a bezel down clip for the 123 pack /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif........

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then perhaps I can help you see one:

LS-Clip.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
dammit don!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

it even looks black! i suppose the lens isn't sapphire? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

man, now <font color="blue"> that </font>is cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like a clip sorta like the Infinity line uses, but fits on the bezel (head) of the LS. This would be useful for clipping it onto the bill of a ballcap, so the clip would need to mount point forward or backward at the user's discretion (need). The 2AA pack is too long for mounting this way, but the 123 packs and the old 1AA packs are short enough for this.

It also needs to be easily removable so that it doesn't get suddenly detached by getting caught on something. The LS goes on top of the bill, so as not to interfere with vision.

Am I rambling?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts