Fenix Q5

abinok

Newly Enlightened
So lets say a fella has a spiffy new Cree P4 fenix light, and is thinking about having 4sevens drop a Q5 in it. Its gonna be brighter yea... but how much? anybody know what the fenix lights give to the led on the various levels so we can figure out what the output will be with the newest wizbang leds?

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am curious as how much brighter Q5 than a common P4 i mean eye perception-wise not lumens-wise.

rdh226

Enlightened
For perspective, my Q2 is noticeably brighter than my P4 (both Fenix P2d). Not "just perceptable",
but no-argument just plain brighter. I was surprised.

-RDH

dasanii19

Enlightened
For perspective, my Q2 is noticeably brighter than my P4 (both Fenix P2d). Not "just perceptable",
but no-argument just plain brighter. I was surprised.

-RDH

My Fenix P1 with Q2 is very bright. I am all in for the Q5 :)

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
i guess there is only one way to confirm this. order button :oops:

Last edited:

wintermute

Enlightened
There's going to be more at work here then just the perceived brightness. Tint means a lot as to how you perceive light. The only Q5's I have seen anywhere are WG tint - which, personally, I hate. I think it is entirely too yellow/green for my own tastes. I got some of the WC tint Crees and those are excellent, closer to 6300K then I planned, but they are excellent. The SX0 tint SSCs I have are much more blue (closer to 7000K) - the W0 tint SSCs I have aren't blue enough. The WC Cree is right where I like it, the best tint LED I have ever had. I can't wait to see what these Rebels look like.

Also, make sure you check out the CPFMarketplace. 4sevens has unveiled the P3D with 100 lumen per watt Rebel LED!!!