4 x Cree = 500 lumens

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was actually thinking of buying one but it has too many modes and it uses 6 cr123a batteries. Now if it just had high medium and low and used a rechargable lithium pack I'd buy it.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was actually thinking of buying one but it has too many modes and it uses 6 cr123a batteries. Now if it just had high medium and low and used a rechargable lithium pack I'd buy it.

It will run on just two cells plus one dummy cell.

Six cells is nominal, so it probably runs paralleled two groups of three cells each in series.

So, you could probably run on two RCR123 and a dummy, or four RCR123 and two dummies.

The fewer cells you use, the less runtime you get. But runtime is fairly good on just three cells.

Martini

Enlightened
It will run on just two cells plus one dummy cell.

Six cells is nominal, so it probably runs paralleled two groups of three cells each in series.

So, you could probably run on two RCR123 and a dummy, or four RCR123 and two dummies.

The fewer cells you use, the less runtime you get. But runtime is fairly good on just three cells.
Nice to have that flexibility. I'm used to lights taking x number of batteries, not "however many you've got."

Latest posts