Love Nora Jones

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
She just about walked away with all of the awards on the Grammy's tonight. Her dad (Ravi Shankar) was popular when I was a teen and must have good genes, don't you think?

A few minutes ago, I went on Half.com and they had her album for $10.99 plus whatever the Media Mail shipping charge is.

Anybody else have the album?

Marty

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well..the only song i've heard from her is the one they always play on the radio or on MTV.

But I tell ya...if all her songs sound that smooth (and even if they don't) I'm off to the store tomorrow to buy her album. I've been meaning to buy it for quite some time now, but I have always managed to put it off.

Her voice is so...what word am i looking for...REFRESHING! I'm serious, i love it! There are only a few musicians/artists that can make you feel that way, and she's one of 'em. She deserves every one of those awards, if not all!

I'm a diverse listener of music, from country to rap to clasiical, musicals, opera...what have you. Out of all the current music that's out there right now, Nora Jones has got to be one of my favorite female voices.

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
Most of you probably know this already, but go to cdnow.com and search for Nora Jones. There you will be able to sample the first 5 tracks of the album. When I visited cdnow, I didn't have to perform a search as she is on their title page! My overall impression of this album: sultry, soothing, mellow, sometimes sleepy.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should probably search for "Norah".
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif