What's the type of bulb used in Sam's 35W HID?

The label says "use H7 metal halide only". I can find replacement H7s when I search the net, but the ones I find have a car headlamp type socket rather than a pair of leads coming out.

I've seen some with pair of leads coming out, but they're not H7s.

Anyone know?

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
The mounting base is H7... I don't think the leads they use follow any type of standard. If you're looking for a replacement lamp you'll probably have to use an automotive H7, purchase an H7 wiring plug and solder it in. My local Pep Boys carries the generic headlamp sockets, so your local store may too.

scott.cr, normally, that'd would work assuming you use solder that won't melt at the temperature seen at the bulb base, but the cables on HID bulb is rated for 25,000v, needed for starting pulse, so it isn't going to be easy.

You could buy the 4200Kelvin lamp from Amondotech.

Could you link me? I can find the 3152 HID spotlight with the 4200K but not the lamp by itself on their site.

BVH

Flashaholic
I haven't seen it on the site but I'm pretty sure he has them in-stock or can get them. Best to call or fax him but I know he's had some write-ups about being very difficult to get a hold of.

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't seen it on the site but I'm pretty sure he has them in-stock or can get them. Best to call or fax him but I know he's had some write-ups about being very difficult to get a hold of.

You probably won't be able to get a hold of Wayne directly at this point in time due to on going family matters he is tending to.
He was planning on ordering spare bulbs, and I believe he did, but the manufacturer forgot to put them in the last order so they will have to wait for the next order.

The good news is that even though the N30's are selling well, Wayne mentioned there has been an increase in sales of the AI's. That will help make the next order sooner then later.
Just how soon this will happen I do not know. Wayne orders a decent quantity at a time to be able to keep the prices down.

Take Care,
mtbkndad :wave:

Cigarman

Enlightened
I've seen some lamps for sale individually on www.hidfoglight.com and they can be had with an H7 Base in the most popular color temps (4200k) etc etc for around $59.99 if memory serves. Probably something to consider. :eek:

lowatts

Newly Enlightened
Vector Products Inc., the manufacturer of this light, sells parts directly according to the owner's manual, maybe they can sell a 4200K bulb that's used by the twin sold by Amodotech (SP?).

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vector Products Inc., the manufacturer of this light, sells parts directly according to the owner's manual, maybe they can sell a 4200K bulb that's used by the twin sold by Amodotech (SP?).

Vector is just a reseller of the light, but they should have replacement parts.
The manufacturer has a dedicated technical writing department that writes manuals and puts whatever the US distributor wants in it regarding who is the "manufacturer".

Take Care,
mtbkndad :wave: