Novatac EDC 120 runtime?

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted to start this thread for the collection of any information, either reported by the vendor, observed runtime, as well as speculation about the EDC 120.

I'd be very interested in runtimes for things like running the 120 at 60 lumens.

-john

aceo07

Enlightened
Interesting. I thought the regulation would be flatter. Especially for the 60 lumens and below.

BBL

Enlightened
I believe the flashlight automatically lowers the output as it senses the battery being depleted.
I think what he meant was the regulation within one mode. The 60lm mode is between 55 and 65 lm. This doesnt look like the previous hds lights, which had a 'flatline'.

aceo07

Enlightened
It seems like at each output level, with the exception of 120lumens, the light output slowly goes up before dropping a few levels. I wonder why this is.

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems like at each output level, with the exception of 120lumens, the light output slowly goes up before dropping a few levels. I wonder why this is.

probably a function of the converter and regulator electronics. there are more extreme cases of this that i've seen in runtime plots on the FLR website.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
The maximum fluctuation within each level seems to be no more than 5 to 10 lumens. Something you would probably not notice with the naked eye. I am more interested in knowing where my 120P is and when it will be in my hands. I hope they are still on schedule for end of July delivery!!!!!!!!
:sick2:

Last edited:

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
The maximum fluctuation within each level seems to be no more than 5 to 10 lumens. Something you would probably not notice with the naked eye. I am more interested in knowing where my 120P is and when it will be in my hands. I hope they are still on schedule for end of July delivery!!!!!!!!
:sick2:

+1