Green River Rock 1W

Beer

Enlightened
Hey all,

Just picked up a RR 1W the other day at Target. I get it home and the beam has a whitish green tint to it. :eeew:

I cojmpared it to every other LED I own including the Dorcy Super 1W I picked up as well. They all have a slightly blueish white tint.

I even bought another RR 1W hoping this one would be better, but it was dimmer than the first and only slightly less green looking.

Is this normal? I am I seeing things? Is it just pure white and I'm used to seing blue tint? I am I loosing my mind?

Did I loose the Luxeon Lottery twice in a row?

:sick2:

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or maybe the other CPF'ers who own the RR 1watt are color blind to green and blue?

Mine is ok.

Khaytsus

Enlightened
Buying a high wattage Luxeon from a department store, you're likely to get the cruft of the batches, ie ones with lower output, shifty balance, etc.

Believe me, any flashoholic who gets a greenie would not be colour blind to it. :)

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
Probably bad luck...:thumbsdow But I have a number of "green" Fenix lights (4 out of 13) as well as several other brands. Even my latest LumaPower F1 with SSC was a tiny bit green, especially compared to my F1 with a slightly purple luxeon. It helps if you just use them one at a time... and stop pointing them at white walls even though I know that's irresistable with a new light.
At least you can return it easily at Target. My one RR 1AA 1W has a great tint. I'm planning on buying another to go in my girlfriend's big purse. I'll post the results on tint and brightness with that one.

Last edited:

Beer

Enlightened
. I'll post the results on tint and brightness with that one.

I'm looking forward to it. :popcorn:

Here is what I am talking about....

100_2827.jpg

Dorcy Super 1W on left River Rock 1W on right

DSC01342-1.jpg

Inova X1 on Left River Rock 1W on right

The camera doesnt really do this justice, it is way more green in person.

:green:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I own both of the lights in the top pic. Mine are fine. Sorry that you seem to have had some bad luck.

Beer

Enlightened
Well I guess the third try is the charm, went to a different target, and viola!

New on Left Old on Right

100_2837.jpg

100_2839.jpg

100_2830.jpg

Beer

Enlightened
No biggie on the gas. I live and work next to Targets.

The bad news is that the green one is BRIGHTER than the new RR and the Dorcy Super 1W. Grrrrr....:mad:

It is noticible enough that even my girlfriend commented on it. Beh.

I am soo tired of caring, I'm gonna go play with my ROP now just to remind myself that I don't need the brightest light out there.

Khaytsus

Enlightened
I wonder if the greener one is overdriven? Inconsistent regulators from one light to another.

Not sure if overdriving would cause the GAS or not.

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
I did buy my second RR 1AA 1W today at the same Target I got the first good one at. They had 2 dull finish lights and 1 glossy finish. I picked dull because my first good one was also dull.
I got lucky and this is another winner. It's even whiter than the first one, which in comparison is a tiny bit purple but still looks great on its own.