Curious question - Are you color blind?

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious if any CPF'ers here are color blind and any interesting stories about your flashlight habits and the fact you cannot see or have a hard time seeing certain colors.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Medically -- no.

Socially -- yes, according to all females in my life :eek:oo:

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't find out I was colorblind until I took the service entry exam at 21 years old and then found out I was color blind in the brown/red domain. I had an associates degree in electronics and stood to get a bonus for joining but because of that was denied a job in my field so hence took a job in the private sector.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't tell the difference between some browns and greens. I went to University whose colours were purple and white but I initially thought my school jacket was dark blue and white.
I cope by asking people around me or if I have to describe something or somebody I use other characteristics like shape or size. It gets really frustrating with clothing so my wife picks out what colours I wear.

P.s. I'm Canadian so don't mind the "u" in colour :D

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't find out I was colorblind until I took the service entry exam at 21 years old and then found out I was color blind in the brown/red domain. I had an associates degree in electronics and stood to get a bonus for joining but because of that was denied a job in my field so hence took a job in the private sector.
Almost the exact same thing happened to me, mine was red/green. Job prospects were poor at the time, early 1983 so the Army offered me a bigger bonus for infantry school at Ft.Benning Ga. I took it and little did I know what I was getting into........ :shakehead

s13tsilvia

Newly Enlightened
greens, reds, browns, blues, purples,
any similar colours that are merged together i cant pick which is what.

makes life fun!

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't tell the difference between some browns and greens. I went to University whose colours were purple and white but I initially thought my school jacket was dark blue and white.
I cope by asking people around me or if I have to describe something or somebody I use other characteristics like shape or size. It gets really frustrating with clothing so my wife picks out what colours I wear.

P.s. I'm Canadian so don't mind the "u" in colour :D

Same for me.

thunderlight

Enlightened
If you are color blind, I would like to know whether you notice significant differences between LED light vs. incandescent light from flashlights. In particular, I would like to know whether you observe major differences outdoors between them. This may also depend on the particular colors you have trouble distinguishing as well. Threads related to this topic come up regularly and it would be interesting to hear your perspective on this matter.

Thank you.