Fatman Wire Connection Question

Mark_Paulus

Enlightened
I wanted to start a new thread here.

I'm using a Fatman to drive 3 LuxIII, soon to be upgraded to some Cree LEDs. I'm looking for some way to connect the driver to the switch that is better than the not so faithful contact I had. My options that I am looking at are mini-tamiya connectors and/or Deans/mini-deans connectors.

Has anyone used either of these, and have any opinions on them? Ease of connecting/disconnecting? Current draw limitations? Connection reliability issues?

I'm thinking I can get either from my local RC store, but I wanted to get some opinions first, if anyone has any.

Thanks.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not so sure I get what you're trying to connect. The best way is to hard wire the Fatman to the outputs of the switch.

But as far as the plugs go, the Tamiya will be easier to grab since the housing is larger and it has the tab lock. The Dean's will be a better connection, but harder to grab when unplugging. The Dean's will pass lots of current. My brushless RC boat pulls over 30 amps through Dean's connectors (not mini) and twin 7.2V 3800 mAh NiMH packs.