SCORE!

XLIV

Newly Enlightened
Never owned a surefire before..

Until a couple weekends ago..

Yard sale..3 bucks each..

Some friends on another forum help me identify them as a 6P and 6Z. Got new batteries and ..WOW..

The IR filter works great (came on one of the lights)

Should I get the higher lumen head for them? Is there a better deal for batteries than 2.00 each? I'm converted.

Thanks..

4kz9qg1.jpg

Wolfhound 9K

Newly Enlightened
you should sell the old style 6P and the IR filter and drop in a decent CREE module in the 6Z :twothumbs

I can't believe how lucky you are... hmm maybe I should stop by garage sales more often :cool:

Sakkath

Newly Enlightened
Is there a better deal for batteries than 2.00 each?

Dang I can't belive how lucky you are! :eek:

About the batteries:

check out http://www.amondotech.com
They sell Titanium CR123's wich are recomended by many for 1$ each.

Also http://www.batterystation.com/ has good deals on batteries

Or we can just trade! You send me the 6Z and I send some batteries to you.. sounds like a good deal to me :naughty:

turkdc

Newly Enlightened
The last time I went garage sale shopping the best deal I could come up with was $.50 for a my little pony wagon. I don't even like my little pony...

Congratulations on the great find.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are lucky, your wallet is not. Surefires are the light that got me startedon this whacky, fun, expensive hobby.

TO answer your question about the high-powered head...why not? You have two lights, stick the p61 (off the to of my head, I might be wrong) for a true 120 lumens out the front. You could, if you want, also look into some of the cree or ssc drop-ins (such as malkoffdevices...when they are in stock), which gives better runtime, no need to carry extra bulbs. Of course then it's not really a pure surefire...if that's important to you. Also a single drop in will cost rougly 10X what you paid for bot lights!

luminata

Enlightened
And to think I always scoffed at people scurrying across the road to yard sales . What a fool I am! that is better than finding $20 bucks on the sidewalk

l1s125

Newly Enlightened
I don't get it. How do people come to own Surefire's without knowing how much they cost?

I remember another CPF'er purchasing an M6 for a obscenely low price at a swapmeet 'cause the seller was dumping it as useless 'cause it took "weird" batteries

sheesh...

I need to spend more time at garage sales and swapmeets.

XLIV

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Orion for the great battery/lumens curve.

Thanks to him I didnt just throw them on ebay but actually bought batteries and used them. First weekend our local ham radio club volunteered to patrol the 4th of July fair at night. The 6Z lit 1/2 of the entire street and was responsible for thwarting a vandelism attempt. Not bad for a first time out.

I will google "cree" and see what youre talking about.

Now I cant stop searching ebay for more..more..gotta have more..

(it's almost as bad an addiction as guns)

customh

Newly Enlightened
Dang I can't belive how lucky you are! :eek:

About the batteries:

check out http://www.amondotech.com
They sell Titanium CR123's wich are recomended by many for 1$ each.

Also http://www.batterystation.com/ has good deals on batteries

Or we can just trade! You send me the 6Z and I send some batteries to you.. sounds like a good deal to me :naughty:

I wouldn't go with off brand batts as Newbie (who *was* a great resource on the boards, very knowledgeable) has talked many times about them exploding in his lights. Stay with the known brands, and just look around and see where they are cheap.

BUT, if you like to gamble, go for the cheapies, might explode, might not.

Last edited:

Latest posts