Brinkmann 2D 3W at Wallyworld?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I keep picking it up when in Wallyworld and keep putting it back.

The thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger is the "reflector". It has a flat area down by the LED sort of like the reflctors for the DX Crees. And maybe it's just the packaging but the reflector doesn't seem real shiny. Lastly it makes no mention of having any circuitry or anything.

The reflector thing has me scrathing my head and saying huh?

Last edited:

lumenal

Enlightened
PJS - I agree with you about the Brinkmann reflector, and question regarding regulation circuitry.

I've looked at both of these lights (the 2AA as well), and thought, why on earth should I buy these?

I've already got a pile of Mini M*gs, and several 3-D MagLEDs,and C Mags, not to mention a 4-D Mag equipped with a Malkoff dropin...how could it get any better than that??? :cool:

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
PJS - I agree with you about the Brinkmann reflector, and question regarding regulation circuitry.

I've looked at both of these lights (the 2AA as well), and thought, why on earth should I buy these?

I've already got a pile of Mini M*gs, and several 3-D MagLEDs,and C Mags, not to mention a 4-D Mag equipped with a Malkoff dropin...how could it get any better than that??? :cool:

I agree, I really don't need it, and they do have the weird reflector, but for some reason I can't help but wonder...:confused:

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, my curiousity finally got the best of me and I bought a Brinkmann 2AA LED...guess what? It's a SEOUL!!!
jawdropzj6.gif

I thought the LED looked kinda cloudy, like a Seoul, but it's hard to tell looking through the plastic packaging. I opened it up and unscrewed the bezel and saw that it has a genuine Seoul emiter on a star board! It has a "reverse twisty," in other words, you screw the head down to turn it on...as opposed to a MiniMag type head that turns on when you unscrew it. When you take the head off, the emiter and circuit board stays inside the head and the body has a center contact as well as two other semi-circular outer contacts (presumably the ground) that make contact with the board inside the head.

It's fairly bright, but not breathtaking...the hot spot is slightly bluish in color and is fairly ringy. It looks like it would throw better than my 1AA MTE SSC-P4 light from DX, but doesn't have as nice of a beam...I'll have to wait until dark to see how it throws outside. I lent my camera to my brother to use on his vacation, so I can't post any pictures right now.

Kind of cool...as far as I know, this is the first mass marketed Seoul powered LED flashlight...correct?

Last edited:

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regardless of the fact it has a "lamer" version of the SSC LED, it's still significant as the first mass marketed Seoul LED.

Seems to me that Brinkmann has designed this light to be made cheaply so they can test the higher powered LED waters. And if they sell well, they can easily upgrade the same bodies with higher binned Seoul stars with no change in the assembly line, then sell them for a couple bucks more as a "3 watt" version.

I did a search for "Brinkmann" before I posted this reply and didn't find anything about the 2AA.