P2D CE Lights the Hollywood Bowl

luminiferous

Newly Enlightened
Last night I pulled out my P2D CE when the crowd was cheering for RUSH to come back on stage for an encore. Wow! Like a mini search light blasting the night, it lit the shell approximately 175 feet from where I was standing. I moved the intense beam back and fourth around the edge of the acoustic shell just before the band came back out to perform "The Spirit of Radio".

Great night, great band, great place, great light! P3D may be brighter, but the P2D's size/performance is truly amazing. I could hear the comments around me when I fired that baby into the air, "That thing is amazing...etc." No one there had anything like it. Nice.

Very happy with the way my new Tenergy RCR123A cells are performing in it as well. The charger and four battery kit is very nice. Highly recommend the P2D CE with Tenergy. You will not be disappointed.

Optic Nerve

Newly Enlightened
Wow, Rush has got to be the best band ever!! I am a real big Rush fan. I bet the P2D was amazing also:laughing: Good story! Did they play any Tom Sawyer or Subdivisions. They are coming to Houston, and i want to see them. I used to live in Toronto. I was a big Darrel Sittler fan.

Last edited:

luminiferous

Newly Enlightened
Wow, Rush has got to be the best band ever!! I am a real big Rush fan. I bet the P2D was amazing also:laughing: Good story! Did they play any Tom Sawyer or Subdivisions. They are coming to Houston, and i want to see them.

Yes, both. A lot of old songs out of the vault, including Natural Science. One of my favorites.

I'd get to the show. You never know, it could be their last.

Jauno

Newly Enlightened
Please put into title, text: SPOILER WARNING ! :)
Waiting for the last show of the tour...

luminiferous

Newly Enlightened
Please put into title, text: SPOILER WARNING ! :)
Waiting for the last show of the tour...

I wouldn't really consider it a spoiler to find out that RUSH performed Tom Sawyer and Subdivisions. I've never been to one of their concerts when they didn't. :grin2:

Maybe they won't play Natural Science for the Helsinki audience, but I know you hope they will. :thumbsup:

Enjoy the show. Never a disappointment.
Don't forget your Fenix!

wintermute

Enlightened
Fenix P2D/LxD is even cooler then you realize!!! Just wait and see what happens in the next couple months. :D

BytorJr

Newly Enlightened
I carried my Pierce M10i to the shows in Tampa, West Palm, Charlotte, Raleigh, and Virginia Beach. I'm assuming the lighting folks up above the set were irritated at me during that same time between 2nd set and Encore.

I'm heading to TX in 3 weeks to see them again. So if anybody has a few good seats (rows 1-4) and wants to get rid of 1 let me know.

Luminiferous, if you want to go in on a set of row 1-4 tickets to the Houston show PM me.

luminiferous

Newly Enlightened
I carried my Pierce M10i to the shows in Tampa, West Palm, Charlotte, Raleigh, and Virginia Beach. I'm assuming the lighting folks up above the set were irritated at me during that same time between 2nd set and Encore.

I'm heading to TX in 3 weeks to see them again. So if anybody has a few good seats (rows 1-4) and wants to get rid of 1 let me know.

Luminiferous, if you want to go in on a set of row 1-4 tickets to the Houston show PM me.

PM sent.

knot

Banned
I'm surprised some posts weren't deleted on this thread or thread moved to cafe. :oops: sorry for opening my big mouth.

Radio

Modulated Moderator
I moved the intense beam back and fourth around the edge of the acoustic shell just before the band came back out to perform "The Spirit of Radio".

Great night, great band, great place, great light!

Hey! Thats my song!!! Seriously, I saw them twice last month here in New England and the were amazing!!!!!! The new album is actually pretty good. Glad you liked the show AND the light. :thumbsup:

BytorJr

Newly Enlightened
There were so many good songs...that's why I'm going back to see at least 3 more times. They pulled a lot of surprises..for them anyway. I'd like to see a few songs dropped, but you've gotta make the casual Rush fan happy too :(. I'd love to see a tour for hard core fans who'd rather see Dreamline and a few others dropped and Fountain of Lamneth played instead. And/Or Cygnus X-1 Book II, in it's entirety. :huh: