SureFire 6P Luxeon Drop-in Mod w/Optics

Joe400

Newly Enlightened
Frozen in Liquid Carbonite somewhere in Illinois
I recently made two drop-in mods the SF-LSL (surefire luxeon star LD) and the SF-LSH (surefire luxeon star HD)both for the SF 6P flashlight.

The optics are from Wayne (Elektrolumens) and had to be cut down to fit the 6P head. The beam shot below was done with the SF-LSH (High Dome) mod.

fc974371.jpg

fc973dea.jpg

SF-LSH (left) Arc LS (right)

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

How much current are you sending the LED, and how do you have it heat sunk?

Also, does grinding down the optic like that appear to screw up the beam pattern at all?

Joe400

Newly Enlightened
Frozen in Liquid Carbonite somewhere in Illinois
[ QUOTE ]
Nice work!

How much current are you sending the LED, and how do you have it heat sunk?

Also, does grinding down the optic like that appear to screw up the beam pattern at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

The LED is running on 4.7 volts at about 500ma according to an online resistor calculator. By the brightness of the LED it seems to be correct.

The led sits flush inside the SF head so the flashlight takes most of the heat. After about 2-3 minutes the SF head gets warm thats why I won't put the mod in my G2.

Cutting down the lens doesn't seem to affect the quality or pattern of the beam.

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif