What's the smallest CR123 Cree or SSC light with a clicky switch?

treasurydept

Newly Enlightened
What's the smallest CR123 Cree or SSC light with a clicky switch? My thoughts are the HDS, but then again I'm not as knowledgeable as many others here.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want a quality light go with an HDS or Novatac. If you want the smallest then this one's maybe a 1/2 mm shorter : http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4095
Ultrafire's aren't that good but they do alright for a $16 light.
Ah #@^$#^*&#!! I just wrote several paragraphs on this and lost it to this stupid Safari browser I've been playing with lately. No time to rewrite all that - Arc LS is possibly the shortest as well as first CR123 based high power LED light. Switches need attention in bringing us smaller lights.

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually just found a 78.5mm light at Dealextreme - 5 mode clicky by MTE. Battery regulation chart doesn't look too great but it's a tiny CR123 tailswitch light. I've got one light by MTE and I was impressed with the quality of machining on it (but again not even in the same class as some of the lights I mentioned before like HDS or Novatac).

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a low priced, but quality option, there's the Lumapower LM303. About 1/4" longer than the P2D tho.

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
What's the smallest CR123 Cree or SSC light with a clicky switch? My thoughts are the HDS, but then again I'm not as knowledgeable as many others here.

The Novatac lights are the only small Xlamp/P4 lights with actual latching momentary pushbutton switches. Everything else that's been mentioned in this thread uses a non-momentary pushbutton aka a reverse clickie.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Novatac lights are the only small Xlamp/P4 lights with actual latching momentary pushbutton switches. Everything else that's been mentioned in this thread uses a non-momentary pushbutton aka a reverse clickie.
...except...
And other options with momentary not yet mentioned (probably due to size) are:
CNC123, SF E1L, Nuwai ALX2611X, Nuwai Q3 (latest version), Inova T1.

Last edited:

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought that the HDS/Novatac EDC's were significantly wider than the Fenix P2D?
They are. HDS is 25mm diameter versus ~22m diameter for the P2D. I think I heard this is because HDS are made to fit standard 1" OD weapon mounts.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are. HDS is 25mm diameter versus ~22m diameter for the P2D. I think I heard this is because HDS are made to fit standard 1" OD weapon mounts.

....just measured my P2DCE and its 21mm, not sure how wide the old HDS/Novatac is as I dont have it anymore but the 1" idea is sound.