awesome flashlight

stephenmadpotato

Enlightened
Hey all.
Lasers are my specialty, I was wondering what the brightest light I could buy (most lumens for the buck) that is somewhat small, could be holstered on a belt and is waterproof enough for a pool. Im looking not to spend more than like 25 bucks without batteries, but if someone knows of a really cool light I'd like to hear about it :p any suggestions? thanks everyone, keep on flashing :p
-Stephen

paulr

Flashaholic
Depending on your idea of "small" you might try one of the Princeton Tec dive lights. The bright ones are incandescent, somewhat old-school by today's standards, but are very powerful. They had one called the Surge that took eight AA cells and was about the size of a typical 2C household light. It's been replaced by an updated model with a different name that I don't remember. It ran around 20 bucks. I don't think there are any waterproof LED lights with anywhere near that much output that don't cost a heck of a lot more.

redledz

Newly Enlightened
less than 25 bucks and waterproof?! Hmmm, the Surge was replaced by the Torrent, but I don't think it puts out the lumens that the Surge did. The Streamlight Propoly Luxeon is a little over 25, prolly good enough for a pool, but its round 7inches. The Brightstar Responder 4aa is only 20 bucks and is dive rated to 100ft, supposedly bright but beam quality seems rough. Lighthound has an Inova X0 for 25. Nice beam, can holster, long runtime, fairly bright, solid built, but waterproof? It'd prolly withstand a jump in the pool. lol
That's all I can think of for now.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look into Underwater Kinetics dive lights. Look at the 4AA incan and the 2x123 (Q40?) lights. Very good quality, very bright, rated to 500 ft, decent price.

stephenmadpotato

Enlightened
Thanks for the great replies, all are very helpful. Say I was to update my price range to around 40-50 bucks? What would my options be then ^^

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Fenix CE series seems pretty reasonable, but they aren't dive rated but should take a splash with no problem. The Dexlight X.I. is rated to 10m waterproof and it is $45 but it uses PWM which might be annoying depending on how sensitive your eye is and a User-Interface which might be also be annoying.