Garrity, 2 LED pocket light w/ interesting switch.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at Walmart the other day and picked up a small pocket light from Garrity. Uses the same batteries as most small pocket lights like the Photon.

This light has two LEDs but the interesting thing is the switch. It isn't a push button switch, but one where you just barely touch it and it activates the light.

It comes with a three way toggle switch that allows for either full on when the switch is touched, or a momentary position, just comes on when the switched is touched, and an off position.

The light output is somewhat better than most others because of the two LEDs. Here are some pictures.

Here's a picture of the three way switch:
20510352762.jpg

This one shows the two LEDs and the battery compartment. Needs a small phillips head to open it. The whole thing is held together with 6 other phillips head screws.

20510352746.jpg

Last picture is of the switch. Also shows the color I chose, green obviously. It comes in a black, blue, or silver one also.

20510352778.jpg

It cost around $6, which is a great price for what it is. Packaging allows you the ability to "test" it, and I found one with the whitest output. :D

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Interesting new look. Does your fingertip need to "bridge" the gap on that switch plate to activate?

Geoff

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting new look. Does your fingertip need to "bridge" the gap on that switch plate to activate?

Geoff

Yes, it definitely does. Touching either side will do nothing. The switch is actually quite pleasant to the touch. Smooth! :)

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw this Garrity light a few weeks ago, but the beam seemed really weak compared to the more well-known one led light with the angry blue beam. Maybe too many CPFers played with the shelf unit and drained the batteries.

Garrity and Norelco?

I'm sure that DX will feature something like this soon. :twothumbs

I personally hate shaving in the dark. Would love a double-cree blaster and grooming device combo, haha.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Norelco. . . . :LOL:

This light is brighter than my Arc AAA light, actually. And the beam isn't as blue.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
:bumpit: My Wally World finally got these. Nice light. The slight bend and finger groove is a nice ergo dynamic touch.

z96Cobra

Enlightened
I played with one of these a few weeks ago in my local Wal-Mart, and wasn't all that impressed. It wasn't much brighter than the 1 5mm LED keychain lights out there.

About the switch... We had a TV in the late 70's to early 80's that had this type of button/switch to change the channels (no remote back then!). What was funny was when a fly would land on the TV and walk around on the buttons... it would change channels.

Roger

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
My mom just got one of these today, they are very slick. Problem is if you have dry thumbs, it won't switch. I e-mailed Garrity with the idea of making these with 1 aaa and a boost circuit, because it would definately be good for people who have troubles with clickies and twisties and don't have the time to look for relatively expensive coin cells. Whataya guys think?

Retinator

Enlightened
The first pic looks like a small phaser from Star Trek.

I had the original 1-LED version a ways back. Not too bad, could use some water resistance.

Momentary on looks good.

The only thing wrong with these Photon types is the cost of replacing the batteries is more expensive than the light itself.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
My mom just got one of these today, they are very slick. Problem is if you have dry thumbs, it won't switch. I e-mailed Garrity with the idea of making these with 1 aaa and a boost circuit, because it would definately be good for people who have troubles with clickies and twisties and don't have the time to look for relatively expensive coin cells. Whataya guys think?

I would be buying one! Let's see what they say . . . .if the get back to you.

john46268

Newly Enlightened
Finally! The Wal-mart near me 'The Pyramids' in Indy had some. They never have anything on sale or interesting. I GOT ONE!!! Actually 3. Couldn't help myself. Now that I got my flashlight fix for this paycheck I feel sorta lean.
Time to get a pack of ciggs and get in the closet with all my led lights and play Star-Wars Return of the LED-EYE again. King MAD of the CREEons will no doubt win again. :devil:Where's that visine???

Not a bad light to find something dropped in the grass for $5.88 plus tax. I'm into the touch-sensor
thingy.

Last edited:

john46268

Newly Enlightened
I saw this Garrity light a few weeks ago, but the beam seemed really weak compared to the more well-known one led light with the angry blue beam. Maybe too many CPFers played with the shelf unit and drained the batteries.

I'm sure that DX will feature something like this soon. :twothumbs

I personally hate shaving in the dark. Would love a double-cree blaster and grooming device combo, haha.

An interesting truck. worth more than I make a month now, I'[me sure. LOL

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn thing is $10 in canada... :(

But really it doesn't seem any brighter than 1 LED cheapie version, only thing nifty about it is the switch (but it won't work in winter because we'd have gloves to prevent hands from freezing off).

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I received this flashlight a little earlier this afternoon.
Yes, your finger does have to bridge the gap across the two metal contacts on the top in order to trigger it.
The resistance of the touch switch is 12.27 K
ohm.gif