Problem with my Palmblaze beam pattern(pic added)

big_erb

Newly Enlightened
IMG_1076.jpg
And of course within the first 3 second I coralled myself in a dark room to check it out..

I turn on the light and shine it on the wall, and right off the bat I can see that the round hotspot is not centered within the superbright flood square..(will try to work on beamshots) The hot spot is more towards one edge of the square and gets worse the farther the wall is away..

Knowing me It will drive me insane..

If this is normal for these lights, ok, if not, I got two choices, send back, or fix it, IF you fellow Flashoholics think it is possible.. I call on your lumen-wisdom people!!

help me forest!

Last edited:

big_erb

Newly Enlightened
I ended up sending mine back, the replacement has a seem less corona.. I would send it back if your not happy

quatra2008

Newly Enlightened
mine is perfectly centered but i have heard of a few accounts of them being off centered worse than yours even. i would send it back for replacement if you dont mind the trouble.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is off center as well. Not as bad as yours but for me it is acceptable as that old K2 is only good for a handwarmer nowadays. Maybe I'll get around to upgrading the LED in mine and get it perfectly centered. Anyone opened one up?