New Fenix P3D 100 Rebel

Ace12

Enlightened
Just wondering if there is a Very noticable difference in output between this new rebel 100 and the Standard P3D. Does it come with OP reflector?

dixemon

Enlightened
I dont think anyone knows about the output sense they havent been even shipped yet. The 100 rebel is pictured with the OP reflector, as far as I understand they are the exact same set up as the P3D with the exception of the new lumileds emmiter. there is an on going thread started by 4sevens about the P3D in the dealer section.

o0o

Enlightened
Why is the Fenix going to the Rebel. I was under the impression that Cree had the most efficient LEDs?

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wondering if there is a Very noticable difference in output between this new rebel 100 and the Standard P3D. Does it come with OP reflector?

Well no one has one yet (they don't ship until August 3rd) but I am expecting a noticable difference in output on all modes. Fenix claims 200 lumens on high which is most likely a little inflated. I would guess high will be tested around 165 lumens or so which is still incredibly bright!!! T

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just pre-ordered one. I can't wait to check out the Rebel. I wonder if the smaller light source will improve the beam, or hurt it? I can't wait to see how it throws compared to my P4 P3D.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Explain...

The Rebel has a lower Vf, meaning that at 350mA, the brightest Rebel puts out 100 lumens at 1.1025W, for 90.7 lumens per watt. The Cree Q5 put out 114 max lumens at 1.295W for 88.03 lumens per watt. I'm not even going to go into price per lumen.

l1s125

Newly Enlightened
It's under the limited edition section... but hurry, it looks like the 100 lm/w are all gone and 80 lm/w should be gone soon too

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
many thanks for the replies. day-late and a dollar short the story of my life. born 10minutes late and haven't caught up yet. just too old and tired and can't to seem to relish enough mustard to ketchup.

FiAsco

Newly Enlightened
I tried to order yesterday, July 25, morning but they weren't up yet. I checked back again today same time and they were gone. Darned irritating.

How much were the Rebel100s?

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
.. they were gone. Darned irritating.

How much were the Rebel100s?

You don't want to know. ;)

~$69 if I recall correctly. I think the 80s were the same price as the regular P3Ds.

FiAsco

Newly Enlightened
You're right, and now I'm mad at you! :mecry: Just kidding, of course.

Wow. OK, well, that explains why less than 24 hrs they're all gone.

You know, I can't imagine myself picking up a regulare P3D for $62 now. I'm just going to sit tight 'til the next Rebel100 type performance model makes its way around.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure there'll be some on B/S/T when some members' wives find out about them. :)

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe it was $79, we'll have to wait for a confirmation ;)
It was less than I expected.

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
Maybe it was $79, we'll have to wait for a confirmation ;)
It was less than I expected.

They were $69.50.

I was browsing CPF last night at 10:10 PM and decided to order one. One minute after placing my order, the "100's" were marked all gone. I think I may have gotten the last one. Pure dumb luck with no pre-planning as usual.

mchlwise

Enlightened
They were $69.50.

Yep.

I saw them yesterday in time to buy one, but don't really have the cash available at the moment, don't like multi-123 lights anyways, and have been trying to swear off the "early adopter" bandwagon.

I'll bet that in a couple months, we'll start seeing standard Fenix Rebel models.

:popcorn:

150 lumens out of a P2d anyone? :whistle:

Nathan

Enlightened
I was on the fence about buying one for a while. I had the pre-order screen up the whole day. I was going to sleep on it then saw how fast they were selling based on 4sevens thread, so I pre-ordered one in the afternoon. Now the 2 week wait...

I agree Rebels will start to show up elsewhere in the Fenix line-up.

Latest posts