Washed my L0D-CE

Bullzaye

Newly Enlightened
Well, I knew it would happen eventually. I had been carrying my L0D-CE in the little watch-pocket in my jeans. I did laundry the other day, and when I went to remove my clothes from the washing machine, the L0D-CE was laying in there, with the head unscrewed from the body, and the 10440 cell laying right next to it. I pulled them out and let the whole thing lay overnight. Then today I reassembled it, and it appears to work just fine! I do notice a tiny bit of corrosion on the tip of the 10440, but otherwise everything looks good. I'm really happy it still works, it's one of my fav little EDCs.
Tim

Bullseye00

Newly Enlightened
Hey Bull,
Glad your light is okay. The L0D-CE is one of my favorites, also. I carry my L0D-CE attached to my key ring, which helps keep me from doing the same thing.
Neat nick, btw - cool way to get a nick that sounds like "Bull's eye".

- Bull ;)

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow...I was going to make a post asking if anyone had ever washed one of their EDC lights. I use an LOD-CE and a LiteFlux LF2. Whichever one is in my pocket, I hardly notice that it's there. So far I haven't forgotten and washed one, glad to see that they come out ok if I ever do!

orionlion82

Enlightened
i would expect any light over $20 to generally be washable.

fenix generally specs their lights as "dunkable" (as per dougs site i suspect)

but i dont see it as too farfetched to expect one to survive a night in a bathtub, puddle, sink, or toilet.

a washing machine - well that might be pushing some limits, but still should survive with a cleaning and drying out.

batteries though...

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it was mine, I'd let it dry for AT LEAST 3 or 4 days before I put another battery in it. I've had very good luck in the past with drying electronics when I was patient, and destroyed equipment permanently by rushing it.

Flic

Enlightened
I've run my ARC through the wash three or four times without the slightest problem. One time I found it turned on at the bottom of the washer.

partipilo

Newly Enlightened
I've run my ARC through the wash three or four times without the slightest problem. One time I found it turned on at the bottom of the washer.

Oh man I'd speculate the ARC as being as good as dive-able. The head o-ring is so stiff on it, and from what I've read, everything in the head is potted. It should withstand a nuclear holocaust.