CMG Reactor any good?

lionken07

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking about getting the Reactor as a backup light at home. How much brighter is it if compare with the Ultra?

Fusion

Newly Enlightened
It should be much brighter because it uses a Luxeon Star rather than just a led. Also it is said to stay away from the Reactor and get the Reactor 3.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking about getting the Reactor as a backup light at home. How much brighter is it if compare with the Ultra?

[/ QUOTE ]

there have been a lot of people discussing the CMG Reactor on CPF over the past several months. Use the Search engine to read lots about what people have to say about it.

PocketLights.com

Newly Enlightened
The CMG Reactor is much brighter than the CMG Infinity Ultra and is a good value for a Luxeon Star LED flashlight. If you buy a CMG Reactor, I suggest feeding it with Lithium AA batteries because the Lithium batteries produce more light. CMG also sells a CMG Reactor 3 which is brighter than the Reactor because it takes three AA batteries instead of two.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The web site notes that Lithium AA's are not to be used with the reactor 3.

Any comments on the "whiteness" of the LS in these lights. I have heard so many horror stories about purple/green LS's.

cliff

Newly Enlightened
I recently tested a CMG Infinity Ultra and a CMG Reactor III on an old light meter (about 45 years old) which measures light in some type of increment from 0 - 1600. The Ultra scored "100" and the Reactor III "800." Both had NIMH rechargeables which were pretty fresh.

The Reactor III is quite a bit brighter and will illuminate things pretty well out to about 25 yards. The Ultra seems to drop off at about 40 ft.

saunterer

Newly Enlightened
I just bought one yesterday (cuz the CEO of the family said I could, yea!), put in fresh lithiums and it emits a very beautiful pea-green-puke color. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Now if I wasn't a CPFer and just a average consumer I might be impressed, but I'm surely not. This was my first LS purchase and after reading post/pics I know I got a greenie. I shot off an e-mail to CMG today asking for a replacement. Has anyone done this or had good luck?

C

Cosmic Superchunk

Can anyone post a pic of just how green the light is from a CMG Reactor?