Changed to New UBH Owners topic

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a simple question for UBH owners in the USA only.

How long from shipping date, did it take to get your UBH package from Doug???????? Also, did it arrive via the Postal Service??

In my case, I am allowing 4 weeks from 17 FEB 2003 before I give up waiting for my Custom 2C Arc LS battery pack. That is the date that Doug told me he shipped it. I will be vastly surprised if I do get it, as I somehow got myself on a list of 'Subversives' with the US Government. (I am also waiting for a package from AB, which I might actually get.)

Thank you in advance.

Moderators and administrators: please don't move this to another forum, as it does have to do with a MOD.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Re: Query for USA UBH owners!!

If I remember correctly, I got my UBH in 7 - 10 days.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast

E-mailed on 2/11.
Received 2/21.

No offense to our Northern members but I HATE mail to/from Canada.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

I did not get a UBH, but had a couple of other custom parts made up. They shipped out 2/17 and arrived today.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine was supposedly sent out on the 17th and has not arrived, yet. In fact, I didn't get any mail today. That likely means it has all been rerouted to the Feds for inspection, evaluation, and building of a Criminal Case against me (terror, treason, etc.).

This happened before, when I got an Air Priority package from Mandrakesoft in Paris. Suddenly all of my Domestic mail was arriving 1 to 2 weeks later than normal, including Domestic Priority Mail. This continued for 3 months!

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Addendum:

No mail for me again for 26th and 27th. That is now 3 days with no mail, which is unheard of in normal circumstances. Now it is definite: I am under investigation by the Feds. Once on such a list, it is permanent! I bet they are attempting to decrypt my mail, when there is nothing encrypted or encoded.

There is no such thing as coincidence, especially when this happened before.

As I remember, Mandrake 9.0 arrived exactly 3 weeks (21 days) after it was sent Air Priority from Paris. It arrived along with a parcel from SciFi Book Club and one from Columbia House DVD Club, both of which were 2 weeks late (normal transit time for those is 2 days: PA to OH).

I would bet that one or more Al Queda members use Mandrake Linux Operating System. Therefore, anyone who gets something from Mandrakesoft (the company), is automatically put on a list of Subversives. This is profiling in its most idiotic form!

If it were just the inbound international items, I wouldn't give it any thought. However, since my inbound Domestic mail is also affected, I sure as heck noticed it!!! I am not paranoid, just drawing probable conclusion(s) from things that have happened to me.

I will update this topic when warranted.

CiTY

Enlightened

I just got mine today 2/27, sent out 2/17. I am dissappointed, I cann't get a constant on with the lotc...
I have an email to Doug about it.

PeterM

Newly Enlightened

Mine shipped on 2/17 also. Got it today 2/27. Nice piece of work. The HA matches EXACTLY with my KL-1's. CiTY, have you experimented removing O-rings? I had to remove the top O-ring to get consisent performance with a KL-1 or KL3.

CiTY

Enlightened

I was testing with a ARC LS head. I tighten the head down hand tight and the lotc down as far as possible, no light... Did this five times... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
CiTY said:
I was testing with a ARC LS head. I tighten the head down hand tight and the lotc down as far as possible, no light... Did this five times... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is the tail threads on the UBH. They're too short.
Doug commented on it earlier.
Out of 6 tailcaps that I've now tried I can only get constant on with one. Not a good ratio at all.
Maybe Doug will let us exchange for one of the up-coming CNC models?
What do you say Doug?
Please....

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Update: Got my Custom 2C pack from Doug today (2/28), along with a bunch of domestic mail (as I suspected would be the case).

See review I will be posting in Reviews Forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic
2C UBH

Hello Charles,

Let us know what you think of your custom 2C UBH. I was also thinking of ordering one of these.

Tom

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am still waiting on mine. Shipped the 18th. I am starting to get antsy. Look forward to your review Charles (if not there already).

Cheers.

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast

For those people having trouble with their UBHs, I think I have come up with a useful solution, which you can implement in a few minutes at home.

Here are the steps:

1. Remove the tailcap.

2. Remove the spring in the tailcap by firmly pulling straight out.

3. Unscrew the screw (using a 3/32" Allen key (hex key)), removing the assembly thus loosened. You must to pinch the rubber button on the outside of the TC to prevent the inside part from spinning.

4. This exposes a black plastic ring. This ring has 2 slots in it facing you.

5. Unscrew the plastic ring about 1/4 to 1/2 turn (less is better). You can use either a wide flat screwdriver, or a pair of needlenose pliers with the handles held apart to grip the slots.

6. Screw the button assembly you removed in step 3 back into place with the Allen key.

7. Replace the spring, using a twisting motion in a couterclockwise direction.

8. Replace the TC on the UBH and test it out.

What this does is effectively shorten the inside of the TC, and should fix your problems. If you still have problems, email me at [email protected], and we'll work out a solution.

CiTY

Enlightened

Doug, I dont' have a hex that small, I'll have to go to the store on monday to try this fix.

Okie

Newly Enlightened

I ordered early so I have had my UBH for quite a while now. I have the same problems with SF heads. It seems the upper O-ring hits the threads of the SF heads before the barrel makes electrical contact. The quick fix is to remove the upper O-ring and lose water resistance, or put a wee bit of rolled up aluminum foil in the head to ensure good electrical contact. I have not yet purchased a smaller thickness O-ring (as suggested by Doug) to see if that will work.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Silverfox;

Mine is a custom 2C pack for the Arc LS only. I don't have any Surefire products at all. It is not a UBH at all. The unit has the following parts:

Battery tube with spring in bottom

Head adapter, which screws into battery tube

Retainer Ring for use with belt ring-type holder

Delrin cap, which screws onto the part the LS head goes on. This is for protection (prevent a short in wet conditions, when pack is not in use).

There is no place for a tail cap, clicky or otherwise, as the tail is drilled and tapped for 1/4-20 (eyebolt or camera mount).

The retainer ring is in essence, a giant aluminum washer.

Everything is HA III anodized and was in anodizing batch with the aluminum UBHs.

If Doug were to do a UBH out of this, you would need at least 2 head adapters.

This unit cost me $70 US, guys. That is what I paid for my white Arc LS second kit (head and all 3 packs).

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
DSpeck said:
For those people having trouble with their UBHs, I think I have come up with a useful solution, which you can implement in a few minutes at home.

Here are the steps:

1. Remove the tailcap.

2. Remove the spring in the tailcap by firmly pulling straight out.

3. Unscrew the screw (using a 3/32" Allen key (hex key)), removing the assembly thus loosened. You must to pinch the rubber button on the outside of the TC to prevent the inside part from spinning.

4. This exposes a black plastic ring. This ring has 2 slots in it facing you.

5. Unscrew the plastic ring about 1/4 to 1/2 turn (less is better). You can use either a wide flat screwdriver, or a pair of needlenose pliers with the handles held apart to grip the slots.

6. Screw the button assembly you removed in step 3 back into place with the Allen key.

7. Replace the spring, using a twisting motion in a couterclockwise direction.

8. Replace the TC on the UBH and test it out.

What this does is effectively shorten the inside of the TC, and should fix your problems. If you still have problems, email me at [email protected], and we'll work out a solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

This worked for me.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Thanks Doug.

aso

Enlightened

I'm still waiting for mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif