Broken arm surgery pending 8-1-2007

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
The good news is one week and three days after doing a Super Dave like head over handlebar flip the main break is apparently straight and stable. The bad is that two major chips are nowhere close to moving into place by themselves. Looks like I get a plate screwed in and this Doc. uses a bone graft splint over it to attempt to keep good blod flow to the head so it won't have to be replaced later. :sick2:

They think if all is well, I should be out on the weekend. I hope so. Near Vegans and hospital dieticians don't play nice-nice. They think I can also drive as soon as I don't need the heavy duty pain pills.

Right now it is not the break that hurts but the ticked off muscles that were pounded and pulled here and there.

Wish me luck. If you want to see the damage, PM me. I look like I tried to take a hamburger away from George Foreman. :crackup:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, no bloody pics, please. Good luck with your recovery. Hopefully you'll be alright. You learned your lesson, right? Don't take that jump again.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Broken arm surgery pending 8-1-2007 (nekkid pic)

Gotcha!
Arm_1.jpg

Not much to see. Local hospital is called Voodoo clinic for a reason. That's after heavy photoshop (GIMP actually) enhancement.

wheel.jpg

Poor wheel. Sniff, Sniff.

hub.jpg

a crop of a 7 Meg Sony V3 P&S camera, With a Zeiss lens. no other tinkering. Ooooohhhh detail.

Nope. That's it. Fork is straight. I paid $20 for the bike at a pawn shop. A new wheel will set me back at least $100. Yes that's right, I'm planning my next ride. :twothumbs

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surgery is 8-1-2007 @ 11:00 AM EDT. So shortly I'll be babbling more incoherently than normal. :naughty:

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
on TV last night I learned that surgeons use beeswax to seal up bleeding bone surfaces, just press it right on...

ain't no thang.. have a nice nap.. :thumbsup:

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
The nap was great. Pain minimal so far. Nerve block is down to the fingers and leaving slowly. I'm home already. I did a real bang up job it seems. It took 3.5 hours to put it back together as the surgeon did not want to do a replacement to me at 46, only to start the whole joint replacement cycle in a few years. Good thing is i can desk jockey and do some work at home Travel is out for a while. unfortunately no pics.

I'm at home and cal lay in my own bed. Not in a kitchen chair.