WTB cheap AA light as a loner

Mad1

Enlightened
To mods: this isnt a request to actually buy a light (yet)

I was wondering what would be a good light to buy as a loner that runs off AA cells.
Something from DX or Kaidomain would be an advantage. I wouldnt want to pay more than $20 I dont mind twisty or clicky, LED will be best I think.

Cheers

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would personally go with the Ultrafire C3 with the extrra body to make it a 2 AAA. Gives you the option of a 1 AA loner or 2 AA loner in one package. Or you might find out you like it, it surprised me and it is now carried a lot with my L0P SE.

edc3

Enlightened
My loaner light at work is an MTE 1xAA SSC-P4 42180-U. It's reasonable well made, very bright and at around $15, it wouldn't kill me to lose it. Mine did flicker when I bought it, but I stuck a little magnet to the positive end of the battery and it works fine now. There's a Rebel version out now for $15.90.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LED Mag AA fits the bill.
cheap and it works pretty good for a $20.00 led flashlight.
Yaesumofo

To mods: this isnt a request to actually buy a light (yet)

I was wondering what would be a good light to buy as a loner that runs off AA cells.
Something from DX or Kaidomain would be an advantage. I wouldnt want to pay more than $20 I dont mind twisty or clicky, LED will be best I think.

Cheers

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have all MTE AA flashlight including the rebel one and Ultrafire C3, for brightness i choose MTE SSC 70602 with 5-modes or single mode but for longer time and regulation Ultrafire C3 with extension tube is an excellent choice also it has ability to take single 14500(not brighter thought)

Amp draws(i just love posting numbers :))
MTE C2 70602(MTE 1xAA SSC-P4 42180-U) 1.25A
MTE C2 70602 5 mode Hi/med/lo 1.26/0.86/0.45A
Ultrafire C3 1xAA 1.2A
Ultrafire C3 2xAA 0.6A

I think based on my reading all 1xAA flashlight mentioned probably has the same runtime.

Thanks.
Rizki P

Mad1

Enlightened
I think the Ultrafire C3 wins it.

Thanks guys it looks like it will fit the bill nicely.

I just lent my brother my G2 and SC1 spares carryer as hes going camping but I really which i'd given him a cheaper light and cells. :(