What's a Good Gun Light?

retrodog

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for something 1" diameter for attaching with pre-existing rings. Preferably something that will put out >100 lumens. It needs to be reasonably shock proof, for obvious reasons. Do any of these other manufactures make something that could handle it or is SF still the best built product line in terms of shock resistance?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you NEED a light that will mount to 1" scope mount rings, go for either the Surefire 6P or 9P. They are nice lights and there are many options to upgrade them. You can buy LED drop in modules/ cell extenders(add batteries)/ KT1 and KT2 turboheads/ XM tailcaps......the list goes on......
I just bought the Streamlight TLR-2 and love it! Lux III LED and a laser=Nice Light!
Check out surefires website for all the compatable accessories.

retrodog

Newly Enlightened
If you NEED a light that will mount to 1" scope mount rings, go for either the Surefire 6P or 9P. They are nice lights and there are many options to upgrade them. You can buy LED drop in modules/ cell extenders(add batteries)/ KT1 and KT2 turboheads/ XM tailcaps......the list goes on......
I just bought the Streamlight TLR-2 and love it! Lux III LED and a laser=Nice Light!
Check out surefires website for all the compatable accessories.
Do they make drop-in options for a SF executive? I have one of those and need to check its size.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vltor makes a gun mount that fits the E-series lights.
You could buy a KL1 or KL4 from lighthound.com for you LED replacement head. The KL4 is Floody with minimal throw and the KL1 uses an optic and throws a narrow beam quite far but has very little spill/flood.

retrodog

Newly Enlightened
You could buy a KL1 or KL4 from lighthound.com for you LED replacement head. The KL4 is Floody with minimal throw and the KL1 uses an optic and throws a narrow beam quite far but has very little spill/flood.
Thanks. Yeah, while you were posting this I found the K1 over on surefire.com...

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/827/sesent/00

Nice looking add-on but kinda pricey at $59.

Edit: Darn, I'm having a hard time getting onto the lighthound site.

Last edited:

Flymo

Newly Enlightened
Pentagonlights are very durable and absolute shockproof, the L3 is 130 + lumen and built like a tank.
The L2 is 85 lumen and is great, both are available in a very good HA-III finish.:twothumbs

Last edited:

Draz

Newly Enlightened
Im tempted to use my Surefire L4 on my Ak-47. It is to my understanding that LED's are shock proof due to lack of filament, if thats the case imma just use a "universal" barrel or gastube mount and clamp my L4 in if the situation ever arises. For a cheap setup I used ona cheap little savage 22 I used ducktape and a 2AA mini mag, it worked for that night filled with "plinking"..oh what fun it was back then.:crackup:

BillBond

Newly Enlightened

I agree and have the same setup.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Pila GL2 Cree on my AK and I love it. With a 1.040" diameter body I had to actually use a rubber mallet to pound it into my Viking Tactics mount, but it won't be going anywhere.

Easily over 100 lumens, and fairly decent runtime, and a great switch.

Latest posts