Why did you choose your pic?

battman

Newly Enlightened
Why'd you choose your pic and what special meaning does it have for you?

I'm battman (i go thru lots of batts!).

As for my pic, you all can see that the commissioner is playing with his surefire again!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Mud-pic - where the Avatar is just cut out from

Actually this is how it all started :)

It shows me and three other guys covered in mud after some hours of mud-cave crawling in south france - actually its a cave close to some place in a natural reserve area where I´m going to for like 20+ years - lately in that area (Ardeche) they also found those 35K year plus old three dimensional cave drawings and had to rewrite mankinds history book.

To make a long stort short - summer 2001 we went in that cave and I had like a 4AA headlamp and a 2D Mag with me and gave 2 back-up Mag 2AA´s to two of the other guys, one had a Mag 3D but with pretty run-down batteries - in the end both Mag 2AA bulbs blew (I was running NiMhs in them) so after being back home I started surfing the net to learn about why those bulbs failed (not much runtime on them) - and guess what I found ;-)))

Here´s the complete pic - looking close you´ll see the poor mud covered Mag too - so to me this pic is kind of the starting point of my CPF-addiction and so I cut out that portion as my kind-of avatar - makes sense ?

Klaus

mudpic.jpg

Here´s the place

ardeche.jpg

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I chose this photo because it covers many of my favorite things. Hunting, my first and only hunting trip to Elberta Canada. Diesel Suburbans, I sold the one in the background to the hunting guide and that's why I was there. My Dad was there, I only see him once every couple of years. I got snowed on while there (Oct 11th 2002) and had not seen snow since 89.

I was told ahead of time we would need a good flashlight. I started searching and found CPF. I was carrying an ARC AAA and Scorpion. I gave my Dad an ARC AAA while we were there. It was the greatest trip of my life. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
nice place klaus!!

btw, thanks for only cutting out the top half of that image /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
<-------------Just look at that avatar! Would any of you want to mess with that chick? I thought not! And I do have red hair and.... uh... blue eyes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Searched Google images for "tree" and chose this pic. I'm sure it will change often. I'll probably change it to this
ott1.gif
next. Is it too annoying? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sasha, what do you mean by "mess" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
If you mean the avatar to the left, that was originally a larger picture of me and a friend taken in front of a Seattle lounge last spring, and was probably one of the better pictures of me I had at the time, even though I had pink hair at the time it was taken. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

As for the pic in my sig line below, I'm pretty sure that was from late last summer. I don't remember WHY that picture was taken anymore, but there it is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Perhaps I ought to put that in my avatar slot and change my sig line. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Mutie

Enlightened
It was already on one of my web pages and almost the right size so I just cropped the sides. Aside from that that is how most of my photos without flash come out. And finally it is a pretty good simulation of how I see in the dark. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's definitely me.

Empath

Flashaholic
The picture isn't a photo of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

It's called The Seeker. Now it must indicate some kind of seeking. Some involved might say they seek the truth. Yet if asked, they have difficulty in describing what is meant by "seeking the truth", and will suggest that their search is for the group or philosophy that is 'right'. My seeking would be more in the realm of a search for a lost relationship, or one that has been defined so many ways and tainted by opinion to the extent that it's true definitions and expectations are guess work or a product of conditioning.

Oh, yes... the picture. It may or may not have any likeness, but the lantern for searching seems more effective than just trying to feel your way through the darkness. And in addition attracts others that may be seeking light.

DavidH

Newly Enlightened
Because I'm one of those Mac renegades that tries to live in a Microsoft Free Zone!!! It's a Mozilla icon, but actually, I'm using Safari.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
btw, thanks for only cutting out the top half of that image /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Why ? Do you want to mess with me ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

food-smiley-004.gif

Klaus

JohnG

Enlightened
I wanted to put something there...
I had a few group photos from a family get-together on the hard drive so I cropped one of those to use.