50W White LED 1700 Lumens/Flat Lamp Light (18V~20V/2.5A)

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, if I could figure out a way to shoe horn that into my ARC AAA..... then put in a small nuclear reactor.....yeah baby! :grin2:

wakibaki

Newly Enlightened
Hmm...

Claims 34 Lumens/Watt for $98. Somebody obviously thought it was worth manufacturing this thing. That's the problem with manufacturing in an environment which is changing so rapidly, things get obsoleted quickly.

You could use this in any kind of flood application, or indirect. Easy to apply, 50W in a single module, and good efficiency is easy to achieve in a linear constant current regulator. It is quite a lot of light from a small area, so a soft beam is probably achievable with a suitable luminaire.

@ 18V and 2.5A, these are arranged in series/parallel so I have some questions about current hogging. I guess they've thought about this tho'.

It's a bit too expensive, I think. And not quite efficient enough. Lots of LEDs at this value point are still selling however.

I'd have LED lights throughout the house, if there were real, economical and attractive looking solutions out there, but the really good stuff hasn't even started to be designed yet.

w

That's more power than most CPU. You'll need to glue it to a fan cooled CPU heatsink with Arctic Silver epoxy.