Flashlight collectors... what else do you collect?

Achilleus

Newly Enlightened
As my avatar suggests, I am an avid light bulb collector, predominantly of different types of technology, but also different styles, colors and shapes. I also collect scientific instruments (lasers, telescopes, wishing one day for a caesium clock:) and a 5W DPSS), and I have a decent Nikon DSLR system (though not sure that's a collecting hobby).

The wife would say I also collect tools. And chainsaws (three Stihls, so she's probably right), and probably firewood too (heat the house solely on wood last winter; have around 20-30 cords stacked up outside now.) And of course, one can't have too many generators.

As you may see, some of that stuff is hovering around the independence/survivalist borderline, just in case, which is why I just can't have too many lights either - you never know when the electricity will go out (and maybe permanently one day, who knows).

I guess that's it!

Last edited:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vintage VW cars, accessories, antique toys, and model kits, old minibikes, motorcycles and gear, watches, and the stuff that falls under a wife's definition of "collecting" as well - tools, cameras, etc.

I would also admit I collect junk. The stuff most would throw away is stashed with the hopes of using it as raw materials for some unforseen project. Many times have I thrown something out only to need it soon after. Of course having something nearly guarantees I'll never need it. So with that in mind, I figure if I keep everything I'll never need anything.

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Knives, 3-Piece Belt Buckles (Ranger Sets), Single Malt Scotches, Cognacs, Pens, Thermos. . .Among other things. . .

tradderran

Newly Enlightened
Hunting cars Land Cruisers and Land Rovers. Have 3 of each.
Knives Pocket aka slip joint
Knives fixed blade aka hunting.
Double Rifles .577 and .600 Express
Rifles bolt action .222 to .375 h&h
Colt single action handguns
Winchester lever actions mods 86 92 95 and 71's
vintage men's Swiss watches.
Also western Hat's & boot's:thumbsup:

faco

Enlightened
Mainly Wristwatches, Knives and Pens........also some Antique Furnature and other Gadgets

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Used up old telegraph, telephone, and power insulators; plus used up old JVC ghetto blasters.

I used to collect used up old Commodore 8-bit computers too, but all I have left after three moves since 1996 are a CBM8032 computer and an SX-64 computer.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
It's almost as hard for me to resist cheap little radios as flashlights. Sometimes I'll even buy a good one. Got a pretty good hoard of cameras, knives, and watches, too. As a kid was heavy into coins.

Geoff

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a geography nut. I've been putting together a digital atlas for my own use for 6-7 years. It has over 28,000 maps, sat photos and other files relavent to the subject. It's always something.

afraidofdark

Enlightened
bicycles
fountain pens
wristwatches
mid-century modern furniture
Persian rugs
Japanese woodblock prints

also old Coleman camping gear, but only stuff I can actually use to go camping with :laughing:

I used to have a nearly complete set of Macintosh PowerBooks, from the early trackball ones, to the black G3, but I gave them away all in one go.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Knives (Mostly tactical folders).

&

High-quality Pens.

You can use a cheap, non-refillable pen.... until the day you have to write down something important and it's bone-dry or leaks on you.

For those who don't want to spend too much, Parker and Cross make the best ball-point refills. Pelikan makes the best roller-ball refill. (And no, I didn't misspell the name of the company).

Jefff

Enlightened
Watches .. Automatic movement types..

Knives anything (Tactical) neat looking with good build quality and holds an extreme sharp edge

I would say guns.. but I am very picky about the hand gun I carry or shoot.. I used to "so to speak" collect them but it was more of a venture on finding just the right one that fits me and performs as an extension of me..

And I used to collect Electric guitars and old f body archtops but had kids and since then nothing is sacred lol

jrmcferren

Enlightened
I used to collect TV sets, not a real serious collection, just whatever I got cheap. My favorite set was a GE hybrid (both tube and solid state), at the time I thought it was all tube, but it was my favorite TV for that reason. I had a multisytem black and white set by Panasonic, four battery portables, and a lot of other sets. The collection was mostly black and white TV. The largest set in the collection was an RCA 20" (or was it 21") black and white TV. I still have some remnants of the collection, the rest were trashed for lack of interest (I work with computers now).

-20" GE color set from 1992 got for my 6th birthday (not really part of the original collection was my primary set, but now is living the rest of it's days with my mom at the campground)
-20" Classic (made by Changhong) color set and is my primary set at home.
-19" Panasonic from 1985, Primary set here at school, Great condition $40 at Goodwill, dual antenna (single tuner), integrated remote holder, automatic brightness control (adjusts with ambient light) a rich man's set for the time.
-13" Orion from 1998, backup set was primary when I had my camper, got for my 11th birthday
-9" RCA XL-100 AC/DC portable from 1986, part of original collection still has life left, has scan type tuning similar to a handheld. $67.50 at an auction
-5" Zenith 4 way power (rechargable pack out of production) from 1986. Black and White, part of original collection.
-5" Quasar 4 way power (Rechargable pack out of procuction) from 1979. Black and white, part of original collection can tune channels up to 83.
-1.8" Optimus LCD handheld from 2000, 3 way power including 3AA

None of the above sets are digital and none under 13" are cable ready.

Torch

Newly Enlightened
Guns primarily. I would like to collect dollars but my gun and flashlight collections keep getting in the way of that particular pursuit.

Blacklight

Enlightened
bicycles
fountain pens
wristwatches
mid-century modern furniture
Persian rugs
Japanese woodblock prints

also old Coleman camping gear, but only stuff I can actually use to go camping with :laughing:

I used to have a nearly complete set of Macintosh PowerBooks, from the early trackball ones, to the black G3, but I gave them away all in one go.

I would love to see your collection of old Coleman camping gear. You can PM me with pics if you would like. Additionally if you ever have questiosn on Coleman products let me know, I can probably get the answer.

LEDMaster2003_V2

Newly Enlightened
Smoke Detectors

Fire Alarm devices (pulls, notification appliances (the actual alarms))

Floor Drain Covers

Batteries, esp. 9V ones.

If anyone has old smoke detectors I'd be glad to have them.