Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
6pm1.jpg

6pm2.jpg

6pm3.jpg

6pm4.jpg

6pm5.jpg

Size15's

Flashaholic
It's not clear to me from your photos, but I'm guessing that the TurboHead is a 2.5" diameter LPS SRTH rather then a 3" diameter "T" TurboHead right?

Al

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made my "6PM" out of a G2. Would that make it a G2T? TX
PS,
If you like the 6PM, get an A19 & a N2. You'll love it.

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
yep real 12pm - all 500 lum of it

i prefer the 6pm though(almost). it throws as far as the 12pm and is ideal for "reaching out and touching someone" without the "long distance charge". now it cant project that testosterone filled beam of POWER!!!!! that the 12pm gives but it still has a mind blowing throw that you gotta love and it weighs in at a weight that is much more EDC-able than the "big 12" and is most likely enough to duely stun an attacker. talk about a concealed weapon!

now the 12pm is worthwhile to be sure so dont discount it- its nice to go places and not care if someone tries to mug you or not- ive made a few dogs wish they had never bothered with me an i would love to see the reaction of a person that messes with me! did i say that the 12pm doubles as a club?

K-T

*Moderator*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Size15s:
It's not clear to me from your photos, but I'm guessing that the TurboHead is a 2.5" diameter LPS SRTH rather then a 3" diameter "T" TurboHead right?

Al
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what it looks like. I am pretty sure it is not a 3" TurboHead.
Wasn't the SRTH the same as the ones used for the 12PM ?

Klaus.

Size15's

Flashaholic
It's not a term I'd use.

It's a 6P with TurboHead.
Not a stock item.

6PT was a 6P with 3" T TurboHead (#1 on PK's Photo)*.
6PKT would indicate a 6P with 2.5" KT TurboHead (#4 on PK's Photo).
There are two other TurboHeads that can be used - the 12PM (#2) and the LPS SRTH (#3)

The one used on the "6PM" is #3.

*Note that my T3 looks like (#1) with a straight Bezel rim.
My T2 looks like a larger version of #3.

Al

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
My LPS SRTH head looks exactly like the head on my 12PM. I didn't get the 12PM new but bought it from Proedge on the SF board (from Canada). But the 2 heads are identical. TX

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Size15s:
It's not a term I'd use.

It's a 6P with TurboHead.
Not a stock item.

Al
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Years ago that was my first turbohead Surefire (with 3") head. That started my quest for a 2.5" turbo of equal quality for the 9P/D3 eventually culminating in the SRTH (LPS) 2.5" turbohead.

SUREFIRE TURBOHEADS

Brightnorm

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Lagger-Pro SRD3 head is the same one thatw as used on the 12PM, at least that's what I was told when I ordered my SRd3 a few years back...

-dan

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
...If you like the 6PM, get an A19 & a N2. You'll love it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

txwest,

I know that Surefire has plans to start manufacturing the A19 again in response to many requests and complaints. In the meanwhile, I can't seem to find one. Even Tim Flanagan can't come up with one.

You speak of the A19 as though you might have a source. Do you? I would surely appreciate it if that were possible.

Brightnorm

Grog

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>i had a 12PM and a 6P and i mixed and matched the parts. i can call it what i wish as it is my light<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's right !!! I put my SL Stinger batery in my SL 20-XP and I call it a rattle
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Aragorn,

As SureFire has no name that I know of for the combination of parts you have used, I see no reason why you shouldn't make up a name. To be honest, I think I would call it an SR6P after the SRD3. Trying to stick to a convention and all that.

Until we're told by SureFire, there isn't a right name.

SR6P seems more logical then 6PM.

Without reading your thread, I would assume that a 6PM is a 6P with 12PM TurboHead, and a 6ZM is a 6Z with a 12PM TurboHead...

Al
smile.gif

Latest posts