GAT LIGHT shelf queen or EDC

SaVaGe

Enlightened
Im also thinking of buying a GAT LIGHT.
pricey but flawless (from pictures and reviews).

do you guys make this as a shelf queen or EDC it?

for that price i hope its not collecting dust!

mmmflashlights

Enlightened
Buy the light, then drop it from the top step of the temple in your signature. Then it will be in EDC condition and you won't have the urge to leave it on a shelf. :p

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Gatlights are all Stainless Steel and that makes them a tad heavy for EDC in my opinion. I think they are one of the best looking and now performing lights out here though. I have yet to get a Ti model and the weight reduction might make it an EDC.

Karl

paulr

Flashaholic
I've played with one and I don't think it's edc'able. If I had one I'd probably use it around the house now and then, so it wouldn't be a pure shelf queen, however it's clear to me that it's mostly an art piece rather than a utilitarian tool.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are ya getting the titanium version? That is nice and light. I dunno about the size though. Does it have a a pouch for your belt?

faco

Enlightened
I'd like to buy one and if I do it will be my first 100% shelf queen. I like the features of the V3 but the look of the V2. I prefer to EDC smaller lights.

greenstuffs

Banned
EDC it it will make a nice companion with your keys and coins heheh and the pocket lint too. Like someone said is more suitable with a pouch, but the thing with the twisty switch at the tailcap does not make it easy to operate with one hand and the other thing that is the optics it is not floody enough for close range. Definitly a Shelf Queen something you gotta have but not really usefull.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will be using it for EDC. What's the use of a sweet light if you don't actually use it? A trophy on the dresser that you can brag about on some sort of online forum for weirdos?
I plan on using mine. It'll get some marks here and there, but it will be doing what it was intended to do.

hivoltage

Enlightened
I just ordered a holster for my new Gat 3 so I must plan on carrying it. It is not a pocket light by any means though!!!

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought 2 McGizmo lights and I Milky KL2 this month with a combined investement of $1200, and none is a shelf queen. I enjoy using them and like hivoltage said, a purpose made holster would be beneficial for the gat light. IMO they are designed to be used anyway..........so enjoy them

lowatts

Newly Enlightened
Don't get it wet.
They're actually water resistant, fully gasketed. There are more functional EDCs out there though IMO. If I had a lot more disposal income I'd pick one up for its mechanical beauty.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new v3 will likely see some use. My older v2s don't really fit the way I use my lights daily. The ability to easily turn it on and off with one hand is why I signed up for the new light. I'll have to carry it for a while to see if it spends more time with me or in the drawer.

-LT