Who has an Inova XO with 4.8w led?

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the XO with the 1.4w emitter, and I use it as a backup at work. I'm interested in the newest one with the updated/upgraded emitter. Anyone have one or know where a review can be found?

lumenal

Enlightened
I went to Target recently and checked out the XOs that were hanging on the peg.

Both the 1.4w as well as the 4.8w were there.

The 1.4w were as bright, or brighter than the 4.8w.

There was even a 1.4w that was almost as bright as the 5.8w XO3. :thinking:

These particular samples were nothing special, so I passed.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 1.4w were as bright, or brighter than the 4.8w.

There was even a 1.4w that was almost as bright as the 5.8w XO3.

Were the newest ones the domeless emitters? Maybe those have to be overdriven to produce the same amount of light. Or maybe differences in batteries. :confused:

lumenal

Enlightened
Were the newest ones the domeless emitters? Maybe those have to be overdriven to produce the same amount of light. Or maybe differences in batteries. :confused:

The newest ones (4.8w) had Lumileds K2 emitters.

I didn't know there were domeless emitters.

These lights are regulated, so difference in batteries should be slight.

Unless the newer ones had already fallen out of regulation, which seems unlikely, since they were on the rack a week tops before I tested them.

GeneralTao

Newly Enlightened
I am a big fan of Inova products from Toronto, Canada. Two weeks ago I purchased an Inova XO 4.8w from a local camping store. The different between the old XO and new XO 4.8w are the old optical len vs new reflector bezel and the XO 4.8w is much brighter than the old XO. Also I've won the XO3 5.8w on ebay and I am waiting for the XO3 5.8w to come. I will let you know the different for XO3 5.8w and the XO 4.8w.

- So far I've collected -
Inova: X1 gen1+gen2+gen3, X5, XO, XO 4.8w, XO3 5.8, 24/7
Fenix: P1D CE (cree led), P2D CE (cree led), P3D CE (cree led)
Princeton Tec: Attitude gen2
Surefire: G2
Streamlight: Scorpion
Maglite: 3-D Cell LED
Coast: LL1012 V2

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XO TIROS throws much better than the XO reflector. But the new XO is better at close range. However, my old XO is brighter and whiter than all T2 and T3's (old) I came across. Luxeon lottery I guess... The new XO is dim next to it.

GeneralTao

Newly Enlightened
I agree buying led flashlight is like buying lottery. You never what you get...some are brighter and some are dimmer.

weathermaker

Newly Enlightened
I picked up the XO3 5.8W at Target a few months ago. I don't have an older one to compare it too, but it produces a very nice flawless beam with a very white light. Compared to my L2DCE, it isn't quite as bright, but has more flood. Also, the L2DCE beam looks more green compared to the very white looking XO3. The L2DCE on turbo is only moderately brighter...still noticable, but not a huge difference.

I'm still on my first set of batteries on my XO3...runtime isn't going to be as great as the L2D, but the regulation is good on the X03.