MagLight AA Gold plated
Pineapple SF Turbo Head
Surefire L6 Porcupine
FM11 2C Custom
MagLight K2 Mac Custom
MagLight HID 8 AA Mac Custom
MicroFire 2000R
Gold Elephant Hid

Well they all look gold but in fact (from first picture): #1 and #4 are brass, #2 is TiN coated, #5 is gold color anodized and the rest are 24K gold plated.

Last edited:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
WoW! That some amazing bling you have there. I think I need to put on my sunglasses for that picture.:cool:

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast

Awesome Collection, tanasit

I saw your GOLD Pineapple SF Turbo Head

looked over to my shelf with the same set-up in HA and was instantly Jealous! :naughty:

KnOeFz

Enlightened
OMG :huh:, even without the gold plating your collection would be very impressive... but now it's just off the scale! Looks great! Thanks for showing us. :thumbsup:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
OMG !!! :eek:oo:
I'd be inclined to say this is just sick ... but it is way beyond that ... It is fabulous ... incredible ... unbelievable. :faint:
Thanx for sharing !!!

bernie

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome! Please more details on how/who plated your lights. When I used to live in Gold country (Sierra Foothills in Calif.) there was a guy who could plate anything and was reasonable too. I wish I still had his info although I think gold has about doubled in price since then. You've got some great lights there even if they didn't have the Midas touch!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Now you're just showing off! :D

Those golden beauties would make a pimp jealous. ;)

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you all for the kind words...:D

LuxLuthor, like this?

L1010187Large.jpg

Last edited:

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF member Modamag arranges the coating services here ( http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?p=2049111#post2049111 )
Earlier I sent the Mini D to be gold plated but I was told that it was made of special metal and the plating failed, so I told them to sand blast it first and still no go. I ended up sending it to Madamag and presto!

I have an electronic gold plating kit that is good for small pieces only, for example the watch bracelet.

Awesome! Please more details on how/who plated your lights. When I used to live in Gold country (Sierra Foothills in Calif.) there was a guy who could plate anything and was reasonable too. I wish I still had his info although I think gold has about doubled in price since then. You've got some great lights there even if they didn't have the Midas touch!

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
I came in here with the intention of making a snide remark on how weak and cheesy gold lights looked :thumbsdow . But upon seeing the lights, I can do no such thing. Berry, berry classy looking, if I do say so myself :) .

Last edited:

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
tanasit, do you have one of the original 24k over brass AA Minimags? Or is that just a gold ano'd aluminum AA next to the FiveMega one? The gold plated brass ones were a limited edition release in the 80s and came in a plush velvety box.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
tanasit, do you have one of the original 24k over brass AA Minimags? Or is that just a gold ano'd aluminum AA next to the FiveMega one? The gold plated brass ones were a limited edition release in the 80s and came in a plush velvety box.

I've got one of those original gold over brass. They are special. Look totally different from FM's gold plated minimags which are also nice.

gold.jpg