Did any thing replaced your PP LUX?

Newuser01

Enlightened
Hello, all!

I love my PP lux 4 AA, and was wondering if any of the newer LED lights in AA format has replaced your PP LUX.

I'm interested hearing from all the users that are EDCing newer LEDs such as Cree, SSC, or even Rebel LEDs that are in AA format. Either 1, 2, 3 or even 4 AA cells are good.

I don't think I have to explain the reason I like to stick with AA format!

Still thinking that PP Lux still rules considering Runtime, Lifetime warranty, and all around usabilities. But as you know PP lux is a bit on the bulky side. I like to go smaller if possible and give up some run times on a set of batteries. And lux cost just above 20 bucks. So the cost is a factor here also. Why can't Streamlight can't make PP lux 4 AA with SSC? I would pick it up now. Do DX or Kai have something?

Please chime in and let me know? There are a few threads on here that discuss single AA format lights but they did not really answer this question. I had the Jetbeam C-LE but its not much of a thrower thou it was pretty bright. The Fenixes seems too costly.

Regards.
Noob

Last edited:

protein_man

Newly Enlightened
The propolyer 4aa is indeed an awesome light, my favourite! I live in Australia so mine cost me close to $60 with postage, worth every dollar!

An awesome light like this shouldn't be left behind when it comes to output so I put a Seoul in mine and I am blow away by this light all over again! Its such a tough light, feels great in the hand and has exceptional battery life.

It would be great if streamlight updated the light to a newer emitter, even with the old emitter this light is still great, very reliable and trustworthy!

Gaffle

Enlightened
Read Grylocs post about modding the Poly. I am ready to take that on. Think about your poly with twice the throw. NICE!!!

fishx65

Enlightened
New, The PP has always been my favorite handheld because of throw, battery type, durability and runtime. I just picked up the new Rayovac 3C Cree ($25.00) and am running it with 3 AAs. This is my first Cree based light and the first thing I did was compare it to the PP. It pretty much blows both my PPs away! I don't think I could ever be happy with the output of my PPs again unless I modded them with Seouls, so thats exactly what I'm gonna do! My guess would be that there are many small AA based Cree lights out there that can easily out throw a stock pro-poly.

L.E.D.

Enlightened
I was thinking about getting that Rayovac 3C. I have the 1AA headlamp and am extremely pleased with it. The red + diffuser combo is exactly what I needed. Does the 3C have a flat output curve (good regulation) or does it have a downwards curve (boost circuit only). With the claim of 100 hours runtime, it seems it might be the latter.. ??

Last edited:

Warp

Enlightened
I don't have that many lights (or any that are newer than the PP, other than P1), but my 4AA PP Luxeon is still one of my favorites and has not been replaced.

It is my all purpose go to light and resides in my night stand (right next to where I put my handgun when I take it off at night).

Newuser01

Enlightened
All power to PP lux modders here!! Woohooo!!

For me I can't. Have read thru most of the PP mod threads and its out of my reach for me. If there are any kind soul out here in Concord, CA here - may be can do this for me?

Seems to me that there is not really a good candidate to replace my PP lux.

"L.E.D." I read thru your post about Rayovac. It is certainly a interesting light. But the size is an issue for me. I would buy it if they made one with 3 AA's to try. And the price is about where PP lux is.

3AA Mag Led seems to be pretty close too but at last it is not as bright.:mecry:

Anyone out there have a light that has better throw/brighter ?

Come on !!:naughty::naughty:

Regards.
Noob