• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Best way to mod d-mini

ensile

Enlightened
Hi, just wondering if there is any way to mod the existing pill or if there is a well known easily moddable drop in that may fit the d-mini, as you all know the LED market is buzzing, i'd like to revive the little diamond d-mini.

Any help muchos appreciated :)

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't mind me asking and I don't want to derail your thread, what's wrong with the stock pill? If you add a 2 stage switch and 18650 body it's a great lite IMO.

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Put in a better driver and better binned emitter. I use the AMC7135 1050 mA in one of my D-minis. That driver fit the contact ring on the stock driver. Gives better runtime, see the link:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2044040&postcount=143

If you can wait a few weeks member RV7 will have multimode LiIon drivers with what he claims good regulation. These are supposed to be 1000 mA on max.

The D-mini is fabulous when modded. The cost, a driver for ~$1.60 and a new emitter. With 1A to the led and a better CREE bin it's possible to more than double the output and have almost double the runtime.
Stefan