Alibi required !!!!

Lumalee

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,
Well in true addict style, I hadnt really realised how much I spent this month on lights, now last month all I had to explain was the £250 on a SF U2 oh and a few 123 cells at £2 each. Then after dicovering this place, I really am in the thick chocolatey stuff this month !!!

Just got the credit card bill........

Lighthound: $300 , 18650 cells and chargers and glo-toobs etc
PTS: $400 , Wolf Eyes Boxer and cells
SF Kroma £250 , From UK supplier
SF V21,82,91 £40 , From UK supplier

Jeez, thats over a thousand dollars of gear THIS MONTH !!!

Now I need you all to put your thinking caps on and come up with the best alibi/reasons for all this money going on things that light up. How could I possibly justify this to the one that ruins my life, ahem, sorry, RUNS my life, the missus ?? Now the payment is not due to leave the bank until next wednesday so basically we, yes WE, have just over a week to come up with something good, na scrub that, REALLY good.

Heres hoping you can help.....
Regards
Lee

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get an extra job or sell hobby items to recoup some of the loss.

Honesty is the best policy.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't let her see the bill. When she asks to see it, ask how much she's spent on shoes/clothes/jewelry/etc. Nuff said. :) :buddies:

shakeylegs

Enlightened
Jeez, thats over a thousand dollars of gear THIS MONTH !!!

Lumalee, clearly you are not trying hard enough. :devil:

I tell my wife I'm thinking about wholesaling flashlights and knives and that these expenditures are reasearch in nature only. Of course, she is is thinking of wholesaling shoes and handbags so it works out.

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF Lumalee!! I'm not married so I don't have to justify my flashlight expenditures. Sorry I couldn't be of any help! :thumbsup:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad I'm not the only one.

If you're lucky, she won't notice how much they cost and won't ask, either. Just in case, though, you should start doing a lot of extra chores and tidying up, so she can see that you deserve some extra toys.

Pax et Lux

Enlightened
Ah, the secret is this: ony buy from traders with names that don't sound like flashlight stores. For example, buy from The Sandwich Shoppe, and tell the missus, when the bill arrives, that everyone at work went out for lunch and you stood the bill.

Of course, where it says Lighthound, well, it's a misprint. It should read Lighthouse. Quite what you were buying at a lighthouse it up to you. A donation?

And PTS, that was that new garage where you got your car fixed, remember? The brakes. You gotta have life and death stuff like that looked into.

Never, ever try honesty. I believe that women prefer men to lie to them. Really. My wife believes I am a romatic that has somehow never bought her flowers or boxes of chocolate. . . She needs to believe I'm not the thing she sees ambling around the house each day. She is in denial about my flashlight addiction!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The only way out of this, well; 2 ways....

1 - If you work as an Engineer you could tell her you need the lights for work.

2 - Better idea! .... Buy the Mrs. some pricey jewelry as a distraction! :thumbsup:

BillBond

Newly Enlightened
You need to think of the answer before you buy or have a separate checking account or think of some stuff to sell.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a part time job as a Security Officer somewhere....After you plead insanity. you need to pace yourself if your gonna be here long.

Last edited:

Mash

Enlightened
The question to be asked, is now that you are here( ie know about Lighthound etc), and with the current exchange rate, why are you still paying UK prices?
That Kroma cost you $500 on its own!

flash_bang

Enlightened
whoah, the exchange rate's crazy! I personally would suggest pacing yourself, but maybe I've taken that to a new level, as I might get a light around Christmas, and that's a year since a got my G2, I should throw a b-day party for it! Man, that would set my family over the edge. "You are crazy!" "yes, thank you, now take the G2's pic please" *LOL*
HAGO,
Flash

Lumalee

Newly Enlightened
Some great ideas you lot, funny and interesting read for sure....but at this moment I think the winner has got to be..... Burgess !!! Identity theft !! what a cracker, perfect, genius, what a good one. Well there's a few more days before I have to explain so if there are any other ideas....

I also appreciate your comments Mash, yeah the exchange rate is madness at the moment, probably one of the reasons I went for the Boxer 10w/168, infact....... stop it, stop it, STOP IT, aaarrggghhh, you see what you have done now Mash ??!! you got me thinking the rates are that good, maybe I should buy the 24w/168 as well !!!!!!!:mecry::mecry:
What is a mere mortal man to do ???

I'm leaving....... (door slams !)

sysadmn

Enlightened
Between keyboard and chair, in the US Midwest.
Honesty is the best policy. Tell her - as people age, night vision decreases.

And, tell her you heard the neighbors mention a prowler, and you're concerned about her safety.

If you lived in the US, you could follow up by telling her you're thinking about taking the training and buying a gun, but then you'd need a safe, and to be good at it, you'd need to join a club, and ... Then tell her you've changed your mind, and maybe a few more lights would be enough.

Remember, if you want a puppy, ask for a pony.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy her an Orb Raw Ti for her handbag and all will be well .......
( it worked for a while, OK around three months or so)

I just told the wife I have a new hobbey. I don't drink, don't smoke, I don't spend all evening in the pub, I just spend a bit on torches now and then.

There are far worse things you could spend your money on.