Who is into rc trucks

big_willie

Newly Enlightened
i was just wondering who else on cpf is into to rc trucks. I just got an hpi savage x and it is a blast to play with in the yard. i can get it a little over 45mph. i'll post pics as soon as i get a dc.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'm not too much into them, but I've got a Traxxas Jato 2.5R. It'll reach 50mph in a flash. I don't know if it's kosher for me to say this, but if anybody needs 190mm (electric) car bodies, hit me up, I'm selling 'em dirt cheap. (Probably more than 40 of 'em, unused)

I don't know why, since I don't use my Jato, but I've got a small itch to get a Revo 3.3. I've seen the 2.5R Revo in action, and it's a fast and solid truck; I can only imagine the insanity of the 3.3 version. (like wise for the 3.3 Jato, but seriously, the 2.5R is too fast as it is, the 3.3 must be very difficult to keep on the ground)

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be in RC stuff a whole lot more if I had the money to afford it. Currently, all I can afford are small electric helicopters *sigh*

If I ever got a RC truck, though, it'd be gas-powered. I hate glow engines.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I Have a Revo 2.5 and it is an awesome truck, very solid truck, get the 3.3 you won't regret it. The only complain I have is the fuel tank oring but that can be fixed pretty fast.

AlexGT

big_willie

Newly Enlightened
i was thinking about getting the revo 3.3 but the savage had a bigger engine a 4.6cc and is a litte bigger being 1/8 scale as revo being 1/10. i have to hold on to my wallet how haveing to expensive hobbies

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh the RC people are coming out of the woodwork:thumbsup:. Heres my list:

1. Traxxas T-maxx 2.5 stock- I upgraded to 40 series rims and Big-Joe tires for the dirt, HPI rims and Proline Road-rage for the street.

2. HPI Nitro RS4 2- I stole this one from a friend at work for $20. It was loaded with Racing clutch, 2speed tranny, Anodized Head, Chromed pipe, and turnbuckles. I latter found out that the 2-speed tranny is most sought after by drag racers and its nowhere to be found.(the last one I saw on ebay, went for $80 something dollars!)

3. CEN Fun-Factor. My first car , is now awaiting new carb since the one on it is acting up. I got a real deal on spare parts package on Ebay, and imn rebuilding it. Very fast.

4. Associated RC18T A.K.A The Christmas Morning Spoiler. Yes I took it out on one christmas morning and the neighborhood kids got mad cuse their brand new Tycos couldnt keep up:crackup:(insert evil laugh here) (insert mad parent cursing here)(insert more evil laughs here when I told them how much the thing cost). Im in the look out for a Mamba and some lipos for this one..

I also have lots of other small cars Radio-shack XMODS, one HPI MICRO RS4, Radio shacks ZIP-ZAPS, Japanese BIT-CharG . Yes I love RC has much has Flashlights.:naughty:

unnerv

Enlightened
I have not run them since last summer, but I have a
.21 powered Traxxas t-maxx
Traxxas E-maxx
HPI RS4 MT
Traxxas Revo
Venum Mini Giant 20th scale MT
Tamiya TLT-1
Losi Mini-T

non truck goodies
Associated TC3
HPI Nitro RS4
Kyosho Mini-Z
Xray M18
Xray M18 Nitro

I think that is all of them. I should really get rid of some of them. I have only run the Revo, Mini-t, and the two Xray's in the last year. My hobbies tend to go in cycles so I usually packrat everything so I don't have to start over 2 years down the road. :)

FASTCAR

Banned
I have quite a few VERY modified Rc cars and trucks.Mostly I do port work and suchfor much more speed.Tested for a mag years ago, 19 "Tuned pipes" on a Rc10Gt ( nitro).

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have quite a few VERY modified Rc cars and trucks.Mostly I do port work and suchfor much more speed.Tested for a mag years ago, 19 "Tuned pipes" on a Rc10Gt ( nitro).
Youre into porting?? Hmmm thats one of those dark arts in the nitro world...I hear not a lot of people get into it because of the engine ruin factor.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
the Revo looks nasty! I was tracking it when it came out and came very, very close to buying it.

But...

For once in my life i had to say no to a new hobby. With torchs and parts taking over every room of my house, I had to make the choice.

:)

FASTCAR

Banned
Yes I port.99% of nitro motors are mass produced. None I have seen or owned are that great stock.I use a radar gun I have. I set it up at a given distance and just check MPH.I use the same fuel ( wildcat) and air filter ( k&n) each test.Simple port matching on a stock rc10GT .15 nitro star SS ( this is a "race motor") yields huge gains. Often on the exhaust manifold there is mucho casting slag.Its as simple as making it match the outlet of the head .The flat ( non round) outlets suffer GREATLY from this.

Also most tuned pipes are not so "tuned". Drilling out the opening larger usually adds quite a few MPH also.Gains in low end come with the top end as well.Best pipe of 10 I still own is by far the Rc10gt race pipe..drilled out at the exit.
Doing crank and head stuff is a bit more trickey.

Quite a few aftermarket pipes have some version of a piston and spring ( inside)you can adjust to " vary the hp curve"..dont fall for these.

More or less any motor is an air pump...suck air in..blow it out.The faster and more effecient you can do this the more power you make.

It will get louder for sure.Not as loud as no pipe though.

I retired my Tmaxx as it just breaks alot..any owners here know what I mean.I have more titanium on my T then the space shuttle.All RCs break but the T max is crazy. Thank god for Tower Hobies and such.

Im really into my HF these days. Its 10x more fun for me :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi1IT69QlSs

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
R/C is fun, but I don't get out as much as I used to as I've started to devote more to cycling the past two seasons. I still enjoy my crawler and my 1:18's though. I've also picked up a couple of helis which are a blast in the warehouse in the winter. Some pics of vehicles past and present:

http://www.grello.org/gallery/rc

BTW...I had my Micro RS4 up to 48.6 MPH with a "stock" motor: :D:D

http://www.grello.org/gallery/MicroRS4

- Chris