Noob Q: Mag 2AA Conversion

katx

Newly Enlightened
I have a few Mag 2AA flashlights. Not being able to go back to incad after being exposed to Luxeon, my options are either to dispose of/gift them or convert them. (I like their focusing feature.)

I know that this sounds like a very elementary Q to many of you but I have no idea where to go. So what is the cheapest way to convert these and BTW I cannot even recall how to access the batteries. Is it from the head part or does the tail screw open? I recall it was the tail but I cannot unscrew the tail (too tight) and do not want to damage the body by using pliers. Any help?

davidt

Enlightened
The tail screws open. You can use a mouse pad or rubber tubing for cushion along with pliers to get the tail cap open if it is too tight.

I think the cheapest option for conversion is the niteize led drop in. A little bit brighter. I've seen them at walmart. I think the best led conversion is the TerraLUX TLE-5EX. I have one. It is very floody.

If you want to make the light brightest possible take a look at the AuroraLite hotwire kit. But it is kind of expensive.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nite-ize 3LED. Floody. Can not be focussed.
<$10

MJ 2AA module kit from the Sandwich Shoppe. Can be focussed.
$11 for 1, $20 for 2, $80 for 10 + postage

Terralux TLE-20. Can also be used for the 2AAA minimag.
$15 + postage

Terralux TLE-5 MiniStar2 1 Watt LED. Available in white, red, green &UV led.
$19-$26 + postage depending on LED colour.

Terralux TLE-5EX MiniStar2 EXTREME 5 Watt LED
$26 + postage

Prices will vary depending on where you buy.

There are reviews of many of these models & the aurora hotwire kit at FLR. The link is to the bulb replacements index page.
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews_index/reviews_index_ledbulbs.htm

Last edited: