? Best place to host pics?

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have tried image station. webshots, club photo, and msn, an I not having too much luck posting all my photo's from Shot 2003

Who is everyone using these days

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try this new one that someone introduced to me:

www.pbase.com

Easy to use but somewhat a pain if you have a large batch of images to upload. Its free and seems to have no restrictions on how many pictures you can store.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
After your kind instructions many months ago about how to post pictures, I use my ftp space allocated by my Internet Provider, in this case Verizon. Checked a picture I posted many months ago and it's still there. I'm not sure if any Internet providers have provisions about linking out pictures but most give you free space to use at your disposal.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Jeff,

Bart told me to go to imagestation.com. Use flashaholic for your name and cpf for the password. Several people have albums there.

Tom

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the replys...

My ISP allows 60 megs but has a terrible layout for sorting pictures....

I used ImageStation for a long time,but can no longer deep link to hi-res originals

I actually have alblums with p-base but they charge $29 a year for deep linking to his res orignals.

I guess I'm just a little crazy... I like to post pictures that exactly fill the screen, without scrolling off the edge so that's why linking to the original image is so important to me

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm just a little crazy...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea...you're crazy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Just kidding. For me, as long as it is free, it's okay by me. Imagestation and pbase just happen to be easier to use than the rest of what's out there. I rarely take good pictures nor do i take high-res pictures. The largest i take on my digicam is 1024-768 because i want to conserve memory on my HD. Anyway, good luck on your hunt!

Tomas

Banned
I'm with you, geepondy.

Every ISP I've had service with has provided a reasonable amount of "web space" that one can use for web sites, public or private files and pictures, or whatever.

Currently I just upload (ftp) images to one of my accounts (about 100MB of space, all accessible to the public if I choose to make it so) and then link it to wharever I need the image or file to appear.

I guess what I DON'T understand is what kind of service others are paying for that they don't already have webspace provided for their use by their ISP.

If your provider doesn't provide any webspace for you, why not move to one of the thousands of ISPs available who do?

Could someone clue me in on the "why" of th massive search for some "free" place to store pics on-line? I obvioiusly don't get it.

tomsig03.gif

-= MICROSOFT FREE ZONE =-