Went to the races yaestrday

Groundhog66

Banned
Had a great time at the NHRA Fram/Autolite Nationals yasterday, it was my wife's first event......she LOVED it. If you have never witnessed to pure power of Top Fuel, I highly recommend it. The experience of feeling the power throughout your entire body for 4.8 seconds is INCREDIBLE. I would also recommend that you get to the pits early so you can be there when they test the motors, nothing like the burn of Nitro Methane......:barf: :mecry: It definitely separates the men from the boys...:sick:. Anyway, hope you enjoy a few pics.

5f8b4f59.jpg

b6daf086.jpg

They are smart enough to wear gas masks while running the motor in the pits...:thumbsup:

265fbfa6.jpg

4cb09462.jpg

Got my wife a t-shirt signed by Ashley, but felt guilty for putting my arm around her.....:ohgeez:

1bfdf6aa.jpg

e3b511ae.jpg

19cfaf22.jpg

The Pro Stock (I think) LAUNCHING

e577ab8f.jpg

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man do I love that stuff now too. I went for the first time two years ago and can't imagine missing another one ever again. I do not know much about cars and such, but I do know those top fuel cars are amazing. I sat next to one as they started it up in the pits before a race, could hardly breathe, it was insane. I enjoyed it so much! This year I had no one to go with, plus it was raining. But I still had to go, no question about that.
Here is a link to what I got at this years Spring Nationals:
http://picasaweb.google.com/bobisculous/SpringNationals2007

I couldn't believe the power and sound and vibration that came from them the first time I saw it. I still can't believe it. Its CRAZY!

FASTCAR

Banned
I love top fuel also. Or as we call them " rolling timebombs"
I have gone 8s and 9s countless times. 4 sec at 300+ must be insane.

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
Mmm...top fuel is the best. It's an absolutely must-do if you've never been -- even if you don't like drag racing. Here are some pics from Englishtown in June:

(click for larger)

You can see that the tires are still struggling for traction down the track...

- Chris

ADDICTED2LITE

Newly Enlightened
The best part is watching someone who doesn't know what to expect when the 2 Top fuelers launch. The burnout is LOUD and amazing, but when 16,000 HP is tranferred into the pavement :eek:. It DEFINATELY gets everybodies attention.