RIP Tom Snyder

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Tom Snyder, former late-late night talk host, has passed away at 71. Dang - I always liked that guy. He always asked the questions that were on everyone's minds, rather than talk about whatever the guest wanted to promote that week.

Firing up a Colortini for 'ya, Tom... :candle: thanks for the smiles, and good night.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
WOW, indeed R.I.P.

Dan Akroyd did a good Tom Snyder impression!

Some EXCELLENT YouTube clip compilations of some of his memorable interviews in that link you proveded PW - THANKS!

Last edited:

Bob_G

Enlightened
I hadn't heard, thanks for posting. Always watched his shows, back to the '70s - wow, I can't believe it's been that long - because he had the best guests and no studio audience. His feud with Rona Barrett was a hoot. They never have successfully replaced him in that time slot. I'll miss him.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, another guy that's passed away that reminds me how old I am. Used to work second shift and watched the Late, late show. That was a good link with the youtube videos.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
One of the neat things about him is how he didn't take himself too seriously. In a medium that is often dominated by prima donnas and mounds of hairspray, he stood out as the everyman's guy. He had a delightful almost "loose cannon" way about his interviewing style. You never knew what was going to come out of him next.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes, he was unique. I can almost still see him siting there with a cigarette lit and smoking during interviews. We'll never see anything like that on TV again. Thanks to Tom Snyder for helping some of us night owls make it on long nights, years ago! :thumbsup: