Taking my Tigerlight on a Police Ride-Along

Viper

Newly Enlightened
In April I get to do a ride-along with my police department, they offer it once a year. Being the flash-a-holic that I am, I have chosen the night shift.

I know the force uses the streamlight stingers, so I am excitied to bring along my 8" tigerlight. My friend who is an officer (who I usually ride with), thinks I am a complete geek because I keep showing him different flashlights I buy.

Me being an electrical engineer, he's not that far off. I'll let you know how the light works out. Is there any "1 liners" I can use to emphasize my light is much brighter than his? I am sure he'll appreciate them.

Viper

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Uh, you sure your light is on?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

Haha... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

chr00t

Newly Enlightened
Nice, have fun riding iwth your friend who work for police. Give them kicka$$ of your tigerlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

forward hear your light works out status.

[ QUOTE ]
In April I get to do a ride-along with my police department, they offer it once a year. Being the flash-a-holic that I am, I have chosen the night shift.

I know the force uses the streamlight stingers, so I am excitied to bring along my 8" tigerlight. My friend who is an officer (who I usually ride with), thinks I am a complete geek because I keep showing him different flashlights I buy.

Me being an electrical engineer, he's not that far off. I'll let you know how the light works out. Is there any "1 liners" I can use to emphasize my light is much brighter than his? I am sure he'll appreciate them.

Viper

[/ QUOTE ]

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I love your Stinger it's just so adorable. Here, try my TL but be careful it's a lot more power than you're used to and I don't want you to hurt yourself.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about pointing at something faraway and dark, and say: "Can you see that?" As he tries to light it up with his stinger, squirming and squirting, take out your tigerlight and say "lemme try...."

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or you could always ape Crocodile Dundee..."That's not a light -- THIS is a light."

Seriously, though, it's dangerously geeky to think of 6W lights as "dim"...

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yah, know, I find that my PT Surge is rather dim.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
All of you have cracked me up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Monsters_Inc

Banned
Compared to a TL, the Surge is kinda dim. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

(pick up the Stinger, switch it on) "How do you make it go into BRIGHT mode?"

Albany Tom

Enlightened
After you're nearly done with the ride, apologize for teasing him about his light, and then add "It's just that it's hard to believe you're still using those old lights."

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Come on Guys, the Stinger is a fine light. It's designed for EDC on a belt. It is NOT the prefered light of choice when patrolling at night.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tell me a little about this ride along program. Is it part of a "career program", or is it for anyone, at any age?

FBA

Newly Enlightened
new comer

hi ,I'm a new comer in this forum.For months I thought I was alone with this obsession for lights until I came across this forum.Great info and enjoy reading posts by u guys.Sorry got nothing to share at the moment.But definitely will post in the future.Thks.

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: new comer

So what is a preferred light for patrolling at night? I'd imagine a spotlight.

FBA

Newly Enlightened
patrolling light

Dont't know.Depends on your kind of job, I guess.10X maybe?
Just a humble suggestion.

HunkaBurninLove

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any "1 liners" I can use to emphasize my light is much brighter than his? I am sure he'll appreciate them.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about "Excuse me while I whip this out". (Kentucky Fried Movie) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Blikbok

Enlightened
Maybe it's just me, but is it wise to tease a man with a gun about the equipment he probably has no choice about carring? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've noticed the majority of my local LEOs don't have feelings one way or the other about anything on their belt as long as it's there, they didn't pay for it (well, all their gear comes out of their salary anyway) and it works.

They may have greater peace of mind not knowing that there is better stuff available.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any "1 liners" I can use to emphasize my light is much brighter than his? I am sure he'll appreciate them.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about "Excuse me while I whip this out". (Kentucky Fried Movie) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that was said by Cleavon Little, Playing Sherriff of Rock Ridge, Bart, in Blazing Saddles!

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: new comer

[ QUOTE ]
So what is a preferred light for patrolling at night? I'd imagine a spotlight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Among others, Streamlight Ultrastinger, Stinger HP, Stinger HP XT, SL-20X, SL-35, those are the most used, with SureFire Rechargables next, and Also, I guess the new Tigerlight.