Time to upgrade all my luxeons, Advice

fishx65

Enlightened
Getting ready to place a DX order for emitters and was seeking some advice. I want to change the emitters on a bunch of my luxeons to Cree or Seoul. 2 Propolys, Dorcy Super 1 watt (123), 2 Dorcy 3Ds, EOS and maybe a couple River Rocks (1AA and 2AA). I've read that Seoul is the way to go with Luxeon reflectors, correct? Sounds like I should order the U-bin Seouls but not sure which lights will take complete stars or just the pills. Seems like complete stars would be the easiest. Do you guys think it's even worth doing now or should I wait for the new breed such as the Rebel and Edison?

I'm also gonna order that MTE 1AA everyone is talking about and a Cree droppin for my 6P.

Thanks, FishX

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the mte 5 mode AA from them,its nealy as bright as my jet I running a 14500 lion!It uses a alk AA, man its impressively bright for regular aa.Build qulity is not on par with brand names ,but for the money!

Gryloc

Enlightened
I just wanted to inform you that the ProPolys are not an super-easy mod. I have nodded one successfully and it is completely feasible if you have a little extra patience and a rotary cutting too (a Dremel). The results are amazing, actually. I made a thread a while back on how to complete this mod, step by step, here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/149149

I just thought I would save you some frustration ahead of time before you start cutting and de-soldering stuff. Do not be intimidated by the glued together lamp module. Well, good luck in your transformation. We will miss the old Luxeons and their beautiful, yet dim beam. Oh, the memories!

-Tony