• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Original McLux Kit (body, tail, +new unbuilt head kit) - $120

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
light006.jpg

For sale is a very excellent 2xCR123 Mclux body ("Skunkworks" TK2003-228) + a brand new unbuilt original McLux head kit. There are no drivers or LEDs included. I got the body from Jtice for $75, and the head kit new from the Shoppe for $57.57 shipped (49.20 plus tax and shipping). I don't think the photos do the body justice, but it's a real beauty.

$120, shipped CONUS. *********SOLD************

PM if interested.

Last edited:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Original McLux Kit (body, tail, +new unbuilt head kit) - $125

Bump! Com'on, you know you want! I'm itchin' for an underwater MP3 player ("SwiMP3 v2") and a new phone, and the sale of this will help me get one of them, at least. I don't really need the phone, but now that it's actually illegal to use a cell phone without a hands free device while driving, I want one with Bluetooth, so I don't have to fiddle with that darned Nokia propietary "Pop Port" every time I want to use my headset.

If you're wondering what it might cost to get the head built with a SSC P4, Milkyspit told me it'd probably run "around" $125. Of course, if you've got the skills, it'll be a lot cheaper.

Groundhog66

Banned

The "Hands Free" law doesn't go into effect until next year....

BTW, GREAT light, wish I didn't already have one.

Tim

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

The "Hands Free" law doesn't go into effect until next year....

BTW, GREAT light, wish I didn't already have one.

Tim

That's what I thought. I received an email, though, stating that it went into effect on July 1st. Skalomax, who lives about 20 miles from me, also mentioned to me that he was recently pulled over for talking on his phone (but was let go without a ticket).

Ok, but scratch what I just said, because as I type this, I also researched it, and that particular email that I received was a hoax!

You're right, the law doesn't go into effect until until 2008, which is what I had known all along.

This is the bogus email that was forwarded to me by my dad: http://www.snopes.com/politics/traffic/california.asp

Great, I guess I'm in no hurry to get the cell phone! :thinking: hmmm....or am I? Naw, I'm going to wait it out. I can already see the price starting to drop. By next year, I'll probably snag one for half of what they're selling for now. (I should know: I've kicked myself several times already for getting a phone when it was just out, only to see it a year later for half or less than half of what I paid.) I'm still itchin' for the Swimp3, though!

Last edited:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bump. Again, please not that the head is just a kit, does not come assembled, and does not include any emitter or converter.

Looks like I might have to take some better pictures. The right lighting really tends to bring out the beauty in things.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can we get pictures of the head?
What type of reflector does It use?

thanks

Groundhog66

Banned

Will make a nice light, might just have to buy it if you decide to pass it up.:thumbsup:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can we get pictures of the head?
What type of reflector does It use?

thanks

Sure, but I won't be home until tomorrow night. I'm sure with a little digging, you can probably find loads of pictures of this exact same light with plenty of details. You know, I'm not really sure which reflector it uses. I bought it expecting to have Milky build it (he said he had just built one for somebody with a SSC P4), but now I'd rather have the money instead of investing another $125-ish in the light.

mahoney

Enlightened

It will use any reflector or optic that will fit where an NX-05 optic would. So... McFlood, McR18 (with trimming perhaps), IMS 17, McR 16...

dpled

Enlightened

OK, this is one hell of a light and hate to see it just sit here this cheap...so whoever buys this I will donate a New Badboy 500 converter board to the buyer if Trashman doesn't mind.:poke: :D

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, this is one hell of a light and hate to see it just sit here this cheap...so whoever buys this I will donate a New Badboy 500 converter board to the buyer if Trashman doesn't mind.:poke: :D

Wow, thank you! That should help the sale a bit! No, I absolutely do not mind at all!

And...here's another photo with a better shot of the head. Being brand spanking new, I don't want to remove it's wrapping, but you can pretty much see it, even if I did get the lighting a little wrong.

light013.jpg

paulr

Flashaholic

This hasn't been sold yet?!!! I haven't been looking at the thread other than seeing the subject going by, because I figured it had been grabbed immediately and the posts going back and forth were about it being shipped, received, how great it is, etc.

Wow I'm tempted. Somebody please grab this before I do. I have a classic 1 cell McLux with the Q4L Luxeon that was considered pretty good back then, but a 2 cell with the latest Seoul would be just sweet.

dpled

Enlightened

And don't forget this....

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can you believe I actually forgot about this? Well, not entirely....I guess, some while ago, I started to believe that I had already sold this! Bump to the top!